Let’s face it. We all love to get a screaming deal. Wealthy or wise, office or cube, its always fun to find that magical bottle on a deep deal. This summer is one of a particular challenge. With our wallets getting tighter, and the heat getting hotter, we’ve assembled a few wine buys that we feel should catch your attention…
- 2008 Nautilus Sauvignon Blanc, a refreshing crisp pool side wonder. Apple, citrus, and acidity and minerality creates a soft finish. Under $15
- 2006 Ben Marco Expressivo, Malbec, Cabernet, Syrah and Petit Verdot, this wine is really boastful of blackberry flavors, smoke, spice and fig. Works wonders with a chicken sandwich or perhaps a blue cheese burger.
- 2004 McLean’s Farm Shiraz Cabernet is a special wine that overdelivers at a phenominal price. Dark, concentrated blackberry, cherry, cassis, and a hint of tobacco leaf. Comparible to wines that retail for $30. Take it home for $14.89
- 2006 Caymus Special Selection Cabernet Sauvignon, is just that…special, and a heck of a deal at $95 (reg $150). Headed to a dinner party, then you need a power Napa cab. This baby is best described as an iron fist in a velvet glove. Wild berry, cola, blackberry, concentrated cherry. Perfect with a select cut NY strip.
- 2008 Crios de Susana de Balbo Malbec offers an enticing bouquet of spice box, cedar, black cherry and black raspberry. Medium-bodied and full-flavored, on the palate it has gobs of spicy, savory fruit, soft tannins, and a lengthy finish.
Also, we invite you to check back with Wines.com and the Team in 2 weeks for the soft launch of our new Wines.com website. We’re incorporating a lot of cool new features to help accentuate the wine lifestyle. In the meantime, call us with any questions. Please visit our Wine Board Forum if you want to learn more about wines and or share tasting notes.