WineBoard
2002 Tobin James Charisma - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Port/Other Fortifieds/Stickies (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: 2002 Tobin James Charisma (/thread-9931.html)

- Innkeeper - 04-09-2004

2002 Tobin James, Paso Robles, Charisma, Dessert Zinfandel($20 500 ml). 17.1% alcohol. Completely different wine than the Liquid Love Late Harvest Zinfandel. Came in the fall '03 shipment. Like previous Charismas (though they were made with additional grapes) this is a cold fermented, ligher dessert wine. The color is dark pink or medium salmon depending on your perspective. Served at the recommended ice cold temperature it gives you a rush of tropical aromas and flavors from nose to finish. We popped it for a late arrival of a rare visit from a wine savy brother from New Hampshire last night. The three of us demolished it before retiring. Wonderful.

- Innkeeper - 07-04-2006

Popped the '03 over the weekend. Very much like the '02. Lovely.

- Innkeeper - 03-16-2007

After wondering around in the snow all afternoon and evening on various errands and dinner out, we popped and killed our '04 tonight with Girl Scout cookies. Yum, yum.

- Innkeeper - 05-01-2009

Been sipping on the '06 over the past week or so. It is a blend of late harvest Zin and Barbera. Came in the fall '07 shipment and still lists at $20. It is a lovely after dinner sipper.

Since I'm the only one who posts on this one, what do you other TJ clubers do with yours? Pour them on your flowers maybe!

- Kcwhippet - 05-01-2009

We pop one every so often when we have folks over for dinner and have a reason to serve a dessert wine. We're not really into sweeties, but, for some reason, we keep picking them up. Last one we had was a botrytised Chard from Willow Creek (in Prosser, WA - CCK land) a few weeks ago when three of the managers from the shop and our SO's got together to cook and drink. Daveyjones said it was the best he's ever had.

- dananne - 05-03-2009

Love Willow Creek. I think I'll open their Cab Franc soon, and I'm still kicking myself for not buying out their XIII, a So Rhone-type blend that was perhaps the best version of a CdP I've had domestically.

[This message has been edited by dananne (edited 05-03-2009).]

- Innkeeper - 01-01-2010

Whilest the rest of you were popping bubblies last night we popped an '07 Charisma at midnight. Slept till 10:30 am this morning!

- Innkeeper - 09-11-2010

Another bottle of '07 over the weekend. Very nice as usual.

- Innkeeper - 12-08-2011

Been sipping on an '08 as of late. Tastes the same as always. Still made and is true thru '09 from Late Harvest Barbera and Zindandel.

RE: 2002 Tobin James Charisma - Innkeeper - 01-10-2015

Killed a 2010 tonight; wonderful! Hic.

RE: 2002 Tobin James Charisma - tctruongson - 03-26-2019

This is great article! Thanks for sharing!

RE: 2002 Tobin James Charisma - hominhhuy15 - 06-03-2019

This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much.