WineBoard
I want the Best Zinfandel from California! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Zinfandel (The Real Red Stuff) (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: I want the Best Zinfandel from California! (/thread-9672.html)

Pages: 1 2

- ting - 06-29-2000

Wish there are available wines like Kempton Clark here in the Philippines...surely would love to be a good wine taster....i appreciate wines a lot...

- winoweenie - 07-18-2000

Dern Bucko , I Thot Kempton Clark was a psuedonym ( Like Marilyn Merlot ) For Clark Kent Zin; motto " A super drink ". This 95 Scherrer put me in a mad-mode . Winoweenie

- ting - 09-02-2000

I love Zins... anybody got the best Zin ever?

- winoweenie - 09-02-2000

Ting Ole` Bean, Don`t you think you`ve milked this for about all it`s worth? I`ll tell you the BEST ZIN EVER was the 1977 Lytton Springs. Wish youd`ve had the experience. Now let`s either act on the advice you`ve received or let this thread die a noble death. winoweenie (you asked the same question in January!)

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 09-02-2000).]

- jock - 09-03-2000

WW - You obviously never tasted the Ridge 73 Geyserville or the 73 Clos du Val or the Joe Swans from the 60's and early 70's. Best I've had recently was Robert Craig.

- winoweenie - 09-03-2000

Jock ole cock, We drank a 72 and 73 Clos at the store at one of the bawdie meeting a year or so ago.Also tried to find my tasting notes on the old Ridges and failed. How come I have to find out about the Craig here? Don`t you love me anymore? Bob is making a bunch of super wines. All I was trying to do was get this Ting fellow to stop the dern sniveling. WW

- ting - 09-03-2000

Well, its a never end question of whats the best Zinfadel ever... And I'm giving all my resources to get it. I love wines!!!! I am searching for the best Zin and still looking for it until now.

- ting - 12-30-2000

Zin....hmmm..Guys thanx so much for the help..hope to meet you in person and share wonderful experiences...Ciao...

- Matthew Wheeler - 01-18-2001

Can anyone give an estimate on the value of two bottles? The first is a 1977 Lytton springs,zinfandel, and the second is a 1986 Lytton Springs,zinfandel.
Matt

- ting - 05-17-2001

How i wish our wine market here in the Philippines is the same as yours... Anybody wanna invest here? I love to share... Thanx

- Drew - 05-17-2001

Ting....you have no idea how much we'd like to see that happen.

Drew

- mrdutton - 05-17-2001

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if this thread will make it to next January?

- ting - 05-17-2001

its one of the questions that never ends...coz everytime there is always something new... something better... The never ending quest for perfection... I have only tasted one Zinfandel so far... Kepmton Clarke Zinfandel.... hope to experience some more.

- winoweenie - 05-17-2001

MrD, I shuddered whenced it showed up on the Italian thread. WW

- winoweenie - 05-17-2001

MrD, I shuddered whenced it showed up on the Italian thread. WW

- mrdutton - 05-17-2001

Me too, me too.....

- ting - 05-18-2001

hey guys!!! do you know of any good bargains for wines in Ohio? Maybe you can help me out...got any guides or tips on how to appreciate wines better... I really need some kind of guide for my quest for getting the best Zinfandel.. pls email me super-spooky@eudoramail.com

thanx

- Drew - 05-18-2001

Ok Ting, I'm confused. For over a year now you've been searching for the best Zinfandel from California and now you confess to have only sampled one...ever. Now you're looking for bargains in Ohio? FWIW, if you get to Ohio or any U.S. State, go to the first wine or liquor store you see and buy every Zinfandel they have!

Drew

- ting - 05-18-2001

DreW: its because I'm here in the Philippines right now. I'm still waiting for my cousins to send me more Zinfandels. My fiance is in Ohio and I'll tell her to but some Zinfandels and send em here. The sad thing is only a few Zins reach the Philippines. The market is still young, wines has started getting more attentions just the past 2 years. I'm glad my relatives are into now since I serve wines every special occassion and try to explain to them facts about the wine they are drinking. It helps to give them the background of the wines for them to appreciate more. I need help!!!!