WineBoard
Outstanding Zin Value - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Zinfandel (The Real Red Stuff) (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: Outstanding Zin Value (/thread-9241.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Bucko - 12-09-2000

1999 Cline, Zinfandel, California, $10, 86,000 cases. This wine is all about raspberry jam, on the nose and on the palate. Well-balanced, with nicely integrated oak and loaded with fruit pleasure. There is a very long, lush, berry aftertaste, with modest tannins. Excellent value.

Bucko

- Innkeeper - 12-09-2000

Saw the same thing posted up under Best Buys. We don't appreciate duplicate postings around here.

[This message has been edited by Innkeeper (edited 12-09-2000).]

- Drew - 12-09-2000

I think that's one of the perks when you reach the 1000 post club. You get to multiple post. [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

Drew

- mrdutton - 12-09-2000

Saw the Cline Zin on the shelf the other day and almost bought a bottle. It was priced a little higher than $10.00 - but less than $15.00 as I recall.

I should guess that is to be expected, shipping to Virginia costs more than shipping to Washington. Then the distributor has to get his cut and the store owner has to get his cut and the State has to get its cut.

Virginia taxes the wine when it is
"imported" for a couple of percentage points. Then the state taxes it again at point of sale with the state sales tax of 4.5%.

- Bucko - 12-09-2000

I only posted once -- it is a FL recount perogative post. I can post it six or seven more times but it will only count as one, or twenty.......

Bucko

- Bucko - 12-09-2000

Hey, did I tell you all about the Cline Zinfandel? Good juice!

Bucko

- hotwine - 12-09-2000

You're just trying to add to your post total. Garnering posts, that's what that is. Somebody might demand a recount (but not me).

- mrdutton - 12-09-2000

Well I can play that game, too. Only 184 more to go........ I demand a recount!

- Drew - 12-09-2000

Are you sure it's only 184? I think many were undercounted so I think a recount is in order. It is of couse very possible that just as many undercounts were overcounted which would result in a multicount. Every post is critical towards the ultimate 1000 post score and be it known if the recount becomes uncountable within the time guidelines that an appeal will be filed with the Wine Board Supreme Court or the "Count de Money" which ever speaks louder.

Drew Esquire

[This message has been edited by Drew (edited 12-09-2000).]

- winoweenie - 12-09-2000

People, People, People, can`t we stick to the thread here? Seems to me you`re not only digressing but plying our esteemed moderator Bucko wif`loads of CaCa whichin` him, being the sweet, intelligent, kind Dr he be, done` deserve. Your immediate apologies will be catalogued, counted several times for sincerity and the immediatetly sent by convoy to my home-town of Shawnee, Okla and counted by my relatives on the reservation. All Chards will be boil;ed and eaten with venison. winoweenie

- mrdutton - 12-09-2000

WW, them be chads not Chards......

But the venison sounds grand!

- Thomas - 12-10-2000

Hey Bucko, have you ever tasted Cline Zinfandel? Good stuff.

- Bucko - 12-11-2000

Cline -- isn't that a Virginia winery?

Buckmentia

- hotwine - 12-11-2000

Naw, Cline is the grass that we plant for grazing cattle.

Kneedeepinit

- mrdutton - 12-11-2000

No, Bucko, I think Cline might be a Cali vineyard........

Now that Burnely you are holding onto, that is a Virginia wine........ (GRIN)

- Thomas - 12-11-2000

I was wrong. It was Zine Clinfandel, and they make a White Clinfandel too, but maybe that is produced by Hutter Some. I am cetting gonfused.

- winoweenie - 12-12-2000

Well, That Does It! I`m sobering-up. Just read Foodies` post and unnerstood ebbery word. WW

- Innkeeper - 12-12-2000

You got the price wrong. Picked one up this morning for $10.99 plus tax.

- mrdutton - 12-13-2000

Well, I've either been ripped-off or I have a different wine than the one you all are talking about.

I bought a Cline Zin today at the local wine shop, but it was not around $10.00. As a matter of fact it was around $21.00.

I gotta go get the bottle and examine the label...... I'll be right back......

Well dog gone..... It is a different bottling. My Cline is a 1998 Old Vines California Zinfandel. What a difference a year and some old vines make! (GRIN)

Anybody have any TN's on this baby?

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 12-13-2000).]

- hotwine - 12-14-2000

You're right, Bucko, that's some nice juice! Tried it tonight as an aperitif, then with the missus' chicken-hot'r'n-hell-chili. Big ripe berries with overtones of mountain cedar IMHO. We're not normally big Zin fans, but we'll lay down some more of this stuff. Thanks!