WineBoard
what type of wine can match with steak? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Wine/Food Affinities (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: what type of wine can match with steak? (/thread-906.html)

- chris_win85 - 07-14-2006

Hi, i want to ask u about what type of red wine can match with grilled sirloin steak? and also the Characteristics of the red wines which match with sirloin steak?

p/s: please reply to me as soon as possible, thank you

- Innkeeper - 07-14-2006

Hi Chris, and welcome to the Wine Board. it is easy to reply Cabernet Sauvignon, and you have access to a wide range of them there, particularly those from Australia. This applies if the steak has a fair amount of fat and is simply grilled or broiled. If the steak is leaner and/or sauced you might lean towards Shiraz/Syrah or blends of Shiraz with Cabernet. If the sauce is spicy to any degree go with a straight Shiraz/Syrah including Cotes du Rhone, or an American Red Zinfandel.

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - safa100 - 02-20-2014

I think, Wiskey can match with steak.

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - Kcwhippet - 02-20-2014

Whiskey with grilled sirloin steak? Do tell. What particular whiskey would you recommend here, Safa100???

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - jonipimp - 05-02-2014

hi good looking your site nice posting thanks for sharing information good color your site i enjoy this blog.

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - Innkeeper - 05-03-2014

Welcome to the Wine Board Jonipimp. Rather than here, why don't you introduce yourself on one of the first two threads on the board?

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - winoweenie - 05-03-2014

IK, Did you delete my post? WW

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - Jackie - 05-05-2014

[quote='Innkeeper' pid='106133' dateline='1399138359']
Welcome to the Wine Board Jonipimp. Rather than here, why don't you introduce yourself on one of the first two threads on the board?
[/quote]

I tend to think that WW is right about Jonipimp's post. I suspect it is a spammer test... not a real person interested in the board.

I've seen a number of these and they are almost all worded the same way.... lacking any specific references. No mention even of "wine", so that raises a large red flag.

And you'll notice that they never reply to your nice message. I've fallen for this too, many times. WW has a pretty good nose for BS.

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - Innkeeper - 05-05-2014

Jackie, a week or so ago, down at the bottom of the board, you asked us to welcome her to the board.

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - Jackie - 05-13-2014

[quote='Innkeeper' pid='106140' dateline='1399343583']
Jackie, a week or so ago, down at the bottom of the board, you asked us to welcome her to the board.
[/quote]

I must be losing it!! I don't recall that. If I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth, forgive me.

BTW, I have just changed the settings for registration. So it is easier. We will have to see if we get more posts from REAL wine folks or just resurrected posts from spammers.

We shall see!

Jackie

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - Kcwhippet - 05-13-2014

May have just got a new one from soccer_surgery.

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - Drew - 05-13-2014

Also in response to what kind of wine to pair with steak?....a red one, you can tell by the red color.

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - winoweenie - 05-14-2014

Thank you so much Drew. Nice site, look for the color next time meat available. WW

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - winoweenie - 06-17-2014

For Cripes Sake Spammers can't you at least put the stupid answers in the proper post? I used to think I mite try Hungarian wine but after this lame attempt I done give a rats-patootie whether I ever try a hungy wine or not! SHEESH!!! WW

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - Kcwhippet - 06-18-2014

Post deleted.

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - winoweenie - 06-18-2014

Why was KCs' post deleted? WW ( And who the debbil did it? )

RE: what type of wine can match with steak? - Kcwhippet - 06-18-2014

Didn't delete my post. Deleted the Hungarian.