WineBoard
wines of Veneto - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Italian Wines/Varieties (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: wines of Veneto (/thread-8150.html)

- coyotex - 07-02-2000

Hey gang, I'm new to this site and I think it's great!!! I have a question for you.....my family is from the Veneto area and there is a winery in the town of Breganze that I'm trying to locate. Has anyone ever heard of it? And if so, can anyone tell me how I might be able to purchase wine from there? Thanks in advance.

- Drew - 07-03-2000

Hello coyotex and welcome to this board. Your question might be a little difficult to answer given the large number of wine producers in that area. Breganze is an ancient center of grape cultivation in the province of Vicenza in the Veneto. This region is located in the northeastern part of Italy. There is a white wine made from the Tocai variety of grape called "Breganze Bianco". I was able to locate a producer in Breganze :CANTINA B. BARTOLOMEO DA BREGANZE S.C. a r.l.
That might be what your looking for.

Drew

[This message has been edited by Drew (edited 07-02-2000).]

- coyotex - 07-03-2000

Hey Drew (that's my name too by the way), that's exactly the place I'm looking for!! Do you know how I can contact them or at least get some product from them? Thanks a lot!!!!

- Drew - 07-03-2000

Here's the contact info: CANTINA B. BARTOLOMEO DA BREGANZE S.C. a r.l.
Via Roma, 100 - 36042 BREGANZE VI
Tel. (0445) 873112-873469 - Fax 0445/874516

Maculan is also a very good producer of wines in the Veneto and offers wines with the Breganze name.
MACULAN
Via Castelletto, 3 - 36042 BREGANZE VI
Tel. (0445) 873733 - Fax 0445/300149
Good Luck (with a name like Drew...how could you not be lucky?)

Drew

[This message has been edited by Drew (edited 07-03-2000).]

- pickup33 - 07-07-2000

hey drew
i was just in italy, vicenza (vinchenza) is how i thought they said it. on a military training venture. we traveled not far from the post and bought wine from a local. it didnt seem like a big production winery, kind of a mom and pop, but we bought the wine for very little money. i got 7 bottles for 30'000 lira which is as you know about 15 american. i would like to have more shipped over. it is the best ive ever tasted, though i was never a wine drinker, i am now. names on the red (colli Berici, Tocai Rosso, -vino a denominazione di origine controllata-- then on the bottom it says azienda agricola ozzi rino e ilario costozza di longare-italia)(the moscato, my favorite, reads much the same) i do not speak the language and would like to know if you know the place or a place i can get the same for that kind of price. its great with dinner. i dont want to be a collector or anything like that. i just apprieciate the great taste. thanks drew
cody

- Drew - 07-08-2000

Hi Pickup33 and welcome to the board. As Foodie has stated in the post below this, Italy produces many wines from about a million producers. Your description of the winery as a "mom and pop" venture even limits your chances more of finding a bottle in the States. The bulk of wines produced around the world are distributed in the country of production, so a small winery that would produce wines in small lots would distribute locally. Now lets say you did find a bottle in the States, you would probably pay at least $7 if not much more for 1 bottle. The neat thing about this wine hobby is that you write down your favorite wines and explore wine shops as you travel.....never know what you'll find.
Good luck searching!

Drew