WineBoard
Bortoluzzi Pinot Grigio - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Italian Wines/Varieties (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Bortoluzzi Pinot Grigio (/thread-8030.html)

- Innkeeper - 11-27-2003

2001 Bortoluzzi, Pinot Grigio, Isonzo Del Friuli ($13.99 Micucci's Portland). From the same folks who bring you my currently favorite varietal merlot. Micucci's tried to get us some more merlot from their Bortoluzzi distributor, but he didn't distrubute it. Such is wine distribution in Maine.

At any rate rate this is the best Pinot Grigio we have yet. Simply wonderful from the fruity entry, complex and full bodied traverse of the palate, to the lovely finish. Matched it with Kentucky Fried Chicken (Original) brought in by an incoming daughter, and our sour dough biscuits and salad with freshly made white wine vinegar and virgin OO viniagrette. An easy way to start this holiday ordeal.

[This message has been edited by Innkeeper (edited 03-02-2004).]

- Georgie - 11-27-2003

IK, I been sensing some less than thankful vibes from you regarding this holiday. As I have thought for years, our lives are full to the brim as is and then along come the holidays! It's amazing what we put ourselves through, isn't it? Then when it's over we look back and say, "Gee, that was nice. Let's do it again next year!" I think there's something wrong with this picture.

- Innkeeper - 12-26-2003

Pick up two of these in Portland on the way down to New Hampshire. We quaffed them on Christmas Eve. Wows and gees all around. Think I even have at least one new wine drinker in the family. On the way home today we stopped again an picked up two more along with others and other goodies. This is getting to my favorite SW these day.

- Innkeeper - 03-02-2004

Well, tonight we had some broasted chicken breast halves, perched on springs of over the hill rosemary. It was covered with OO, and then seasoned with salt, pepper, granulated onion, and Italian seasoning from Penseys'. Deglased the pan with a half cup of turkey stock. It was wonderful with this wine.

- Innkeeper - 07-18-2004

Picked up another bottle, an '02 (rated 90 by W&S) at Micucci's on the way down to NH this weekend. We kept it hidden in the cooler and brought it in our tote into the Harraseeket Lunch and Lobster Wharf in South Freeport on the way home. It is a BYOB (no corkage charge) place. We thoroughly enjoyed it with lobster and corn. Stopped for ice cream on the way home from there. Does it get any better?

- Innkeeper - 07-26-2004

Last night we popped another one with sauteed chicken breast with our leftover pesto. Not as good a match as the lobster, but it still held up to this very rich dish.

We had this after a yard sale, that just about killed me physically.

- winedope1 - 07-28-2004

aaaah- the things you can find at a New England yard sale... Hope you're feeling rested up now IK. Did you attend or have one, 'cause having one's a whole other matter.... WD

- Innkeeper - 07-28-2004

We had it. The biggest disappointment was when our kids hauled all the magazines out of our attic a couple of weeks ago, we pitched all the magazines except the food and wine ones. We had over twenty years of Gourmet, Bon Appetit, and Food & Wine that we sorted out and bundled by year in order by month. None sold, and it was the worst part of the job hauling them all out there. So, we packed them into the vehicle rather than bringing them all back into the house. Have made a few phone calls to no avail, so am going to have to bring them all to the dump tomorrow!

- Innkeeper - 10-28-2004

Thoroughly enjoyed another (an '02) tonight with broasted chicken breast seasoned with EVOO, salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and Penseys' Italian Herbs. Wonderful!