WineBoard
2000 Reignac Bordeaux Superieur - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Bordeaux (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: 2000 Reignac Bordeaux Superieur (/thread-6058.html)

- winoweenie - 05-29-2003

Thot I'd start trying some of the lesser 2000s' as they've had a proper resting time. This lil' hummer sure lives up to its' name....It's very definately a Superior Bordeaux. Deep opaque purple. Funky earthy nose, black fruits and spices with a touch of cassis. A huge mouthfull of juice. Weighty center and a solid 4-lapper finish. Still has a solid core of tannins that shut it down. Left the last glass sit for an hour and softened somewhat. Needs 10. a solid 90/94 at 15 by the box " en primuer". A great tout from my buds at Hi Time. WW [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

- winoweenie - 03-23-2008

Opened another of this lil' no-name and it is coming along swimmingly. The nose has smoothed out considerably, losing some funkiness and the black fuits have been joined by some brite red notes and the finish had lengthened to a solid 4 lapper. An amazing vintage across the board that for an old Cali-Phile like me gives me the best of both worlds. No change in scoring. Should hold easily for another 8-10. WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 03-23-2008).]

- wdonovan - 03-25-2008

Shame it "Needs 10" when it "Should hold easily for another 8-10". Hope it's not 8! I'll give mine 5 or 6 & taste.

- wineguruchgo - 03-25-2008

How fun that you can go back to your original post of 5 years ago and give an update.

Too cool!

- winoweenie - 03-25-2008

WD if you look the first post was made in 2003. The latest post was made this week. The new time-line IMHO is 8-10. You'll have no problemo giving it 5-6. WW

- wdonovan - 03-26-2008

Je suis desolat (spelling approximated). Thought the 2 were written in succession. Date slipped by me. That changes things a bit. So it's approachable now? Tannins aren't offensive? I only have 2 or 3 of these. Should I sacrifice now or let it snooze a few more?

- winoweenie - 03-04-2009

WD I opened another for lunch today and this hummer is still as strong as Nellies breath. Don't worry about holding another 2-4 as this is one solid piece of work. Still needs to resolve a small skiff of tannins but is comong along swimmingly. If you decide to open one now I'd suggest decanting for an hour. Superb drink for the bucks. No change in scoring. WW

- winoweenie - 05-23-2009

Took this and a bottle of the 00 Frombage to San Diego with me and can report both were killer choices. Both are drinking beautifully and will give a ton of drinking pleasure as long as you have them in the cellar uncorked. No scoring as this was for my luncheon with 2 close friends and our conversation goes more to the cebreal items such as the lovelies in bikinis on the boardwalk. WW [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

- winoweenie - 12-03-2009

Opened another of these dudes for lunch yesterday. As is the usual case at this stage of aging the old "Dad-Burnet..I shoulda' bought MORE!" again shows up. A solid bottle that is really flexing some muscle. Nose is absolutely textbook. Needs to be kicked up to a solid 91. WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 12-03-2009).]

- winoweenie - 02-02-2010

Grabbed another last nite. The memory's a taad slow so forgot about this beffore Xmas bottle. Not much change and this is one solid bottle of juice. Score is the same. WW

- winoweenie - 12-07-2010

Hit this lil' hummer aagain yesterday. Semms to be DOTOIG. Still an impressive bottle and for the noney KILLER! No change in scoring. Wont git no better. WW

- TheEngineer - 12-07-2010

It's been great to see you dig into that box over the years and see how this wine has done. Suffice to say, I got into wine too late to get any 00's seriously. It's only been ten years but it's getting harder to find deals like that. I'm hoping that my 05 Puygerauds ($23 per bottle by the box) end up like yours and there is every indication that they will.

- winoweenie - 06-11-2011

Opened another last nite. Have been staying away from the ole "2-a-day" but was upset with CBs' prognosis so took to the bottle. This is one tasty lil' bottle of juice. Is performing WAY above its' station and I'm gladder than all git-out. No sign of aging yet. Nice brite ruby. Developed aramatics and drinking GOOD! WW :lol:

- Kcwhippet - 06-11-2011

This is sure a longlived thread.

- winoweenie - 06-11-2011

Been drinking these suckers fer quites a whilst there KC ole' bean. WW

RE: 2000 Reignac Bordeaux Superieur - winoweenie - 04-21-2014

Guess what KC? Opened another today for lunch and the sturdy hummer is still standing straight and tall. Hasn't possibly improved over the last 3-5 but is one tasty sucker. Down to about the last of the Mohicans. WW

RE: 2000 Reignac Bordeaux Superieur - winoweenie - 04-26-2014

Drinking so good I went and opened the last of these hummers yesterday KC. This'll be the end of this thread. I can go to sllep with a clean conscience. (Was still a sweet lil' bottle )WW

RE: 2000 Reignac Bordeaux Superieur - Kcwhippet - 04-26-2014

Maybe a clean conscience, but I bet your tongue is a bit colored.