WineBoard
2000 Clos du Marquis - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Bordeaux (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: 2000 Clos du Marquis (/thread-5809.html)

- winoweenie - 05-01-2006

Time to start tasting the 2nd wines of the big boys and here's a good'un. 2nd label of Leoville Las Cases. Deep purple with ruby edge. Nose has lots of similarities to its' big bro. Black fruits with some red berries, spices, tobacco leaf, with a tinge of flowers. All come over on the taste along with sweetish cocoa. Big entry, heavy center, and a solid 4+ lapper finish. Still has some solid layers of tannions that need another 4-6 to resolve. Super juice. 91/90. Bought on the 2nd tranch at 45. 13% alc. WW

- winoweenie - 10-13-2008

Opened another for lunch. Has come along swimmingly since the last bottle. Still deep ruby with large perfumed nose of black and red fruits laced with cassis and spices that all hit the palate running. The depth is amazing and the finish hits a solid 4&1/2 lapper. Still needs anopther 2-4 but is definately showing breeding at this point. No change in scoring yet but close. WW

- winoweenie - 05-07-2009

Third time around for this killer 2nd. Nose has become more perfumed, with the floral aspect coming on, and the finish hitting on all cylinders. The mouthfeel has intensified and tempts me to kick this up a point but will leave at 91 until it has more maturity. Solid bottle. WW

- winoweenie - 10-09-2009

Had lunch with a new biz associate who is a wino-in-the-making. He said somehting about wanting to try Bordeaux more seriously than B&G so took this and the 2000 La Lagune to lunch yesterday. It was almost like watching an ephinany. He smelled, he swirled, he sipped, he smiled then said HOLY $%^()*. I'm sure he liked the juice. Then after a tad of conversation about biz I poured the La Lagune, telling him in advance that it was more refined than the baby LLC. Surprisingly his reaction was derned near identical but without the exclamation mark! The Clos is still 3-5 from its' peak and the La is about the same but both are very enjoyable now with decanting for 1-1&1/2 hours. both definately outstanding bottles. WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 10-09-2009).]

- winoweenie - 01-15-2011

Had another for lunch yesterday. Nose has really exanded and seems this sucker done finally hit the long stride. Superb mouthfeel, balance, and a finish that Rolls would be proud of. Should hold for another 15-20 withoput breaking a sweat. WW

- winoweenie - 11-30-2011

Another bit the dust yesserday. Still has plenty of supple tannins to let it develop for another 4-6. Not much new from the Jan bottle as the memory is the 2nd thing to go. Can become a monumental bottle of juice. If you have this wine don't be in a hurry to pop the cork. WW

- winoweenie - 04-22-2012

Opened another for lunch yesterday. Know with all the responses that the interest is BERRY,BERRY high on this bottle. Is coming along swimmingly so I'll keep opening and drinking the suckers and posting. WW

RE: 2000 Clos du Marquis - winoweenie - 02-15-2013

Once more the Marquis de Sade(oops) Marquis killed all the mice in the cellartop-notch drink. still has some soft tannins that need another 1-2 to resolve but who gives a rats? WW

RE: 2000 Clos du Marquis - winoweenie - 09-07-2013

Hard to keep the lil' hot hands off this beauty. Had a bottle yesterday and it's still going upward and onward. Do think this mite give the LLC a run in a blind taste-off?? Bet you booties. WW

RE: 2000 Clos du Marquis - TheEngineer - 09-08-2013

WW, I had a chance to try this with a bit of age on it as you had recommended (I had once thought the 06 to be a mite closed when you gave this tidbit of information).

I tried a 95 about a year ago and it was just FAB.