WineBoard
Chateau chevalier de Pressac - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Bordeaux (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Chateau chevalier de Pressac (/thread-5758.html)

- deslexia - 03-31-2003

Dear Winoweenie, I should like to point out that the last comment was not exactly asked for and was not recieved at this end , in the light that you thought you were being amusing, yet itwas somewhat late in your discovering the name that I am using is in fact a pun . I am looking at this bottle of wine at this moment and all I asked for was some help and not some inane comment , I none the less thank you for your other comments and take on board that there is some snobbery in the wine business, as I found out some 20 years ago whilst working for Geo G Sandeman , Port importers...
DES

- winoweenie - 03-31-2003

Mr/Mrs D if I offended you let me apologize. It was just the confusion on the name of the wine you were posting about. As stated in the original thread Chateau Chevalier is a classified growth and is located in the Pessac- Leognan district of Graves. I was waiting for you to clarify this and when nothing was posted for several days, I made the comment that you didn't think was funny. By the way, you don't have to start a new thread when the subject is alreay on the baord. The beauty of this board vs. others is you go back to the subject, hot the Replybox, and all info on the subject is kept in one tidy area. WW ( If you research my posts on the board you'll find your inference that I mite be a wine snob is a LOT funnier than my comment was about your name. )

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 03-31-2003).]

- Kcwhippet - 03-31-2003

Too bad WW rubbed you the wrong way, DES. If you peruse the board some, you'll find he would be the last person who could be classified as a wine snob. You'll find, too, he's very knowledgeable about the wines from Bordeaux. Also, I've gone back over all my notes and references, and I still can't find anything that points to a Chateau Chevalier de Pressac. There are 64 Grand Cru producers in the St. Emilion region, but Chateau Chevalier de Pressac is not one of them. However, Chateau de Pressac is listed, and it's in the village of Saint Etienne de Lisse. Could you please give some more of the info on the label?

[This message has been edited by Kcwhippet (edited 03-31-2003).]

- joeyz6 - 03-31-2003

I wonder if Deslexia's wine might be a second label?

[This message has been edited by joeyz6 (edited 03-31-2003).]

- Kcwhippet - 03-31-2003

If it were a second label, it wouldn't be Grand Cru. BTW, Ch. de Pressac's second label is Ch. Tour de Pressac.

- deslexia - 04-03-2003

ALL OF THE INFORMATION i CAN GET OFF OF THE BOTTLE IS it is an appelation Saint Emilion Grand Cru Controlee
GFA DU CHATEAU DEPRESSAC
33330 ST CHRISTOPHE DES BARDES FRANCE
and it is Chateau bottled also the wines main name is Chateau CHEVALIER de pressac ?? sorry thats all I can find on the bottle
Also WW sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick but as you can imagine I have just had a rough time finding out about this XXXXXXXX wine LOL I have most probably spent more time than this vinegar may be worth LOL

[This message has been edited by deslexia (edited 04-03-2003).]