WineBoard
2000 Glen Carlou - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Chardonnay/White Burgundy/Pinot Blanc/Melon (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: 2000 Glen Carlou (/thread-5671.html)

- scrogg101 - 07-16-2002

please share your opinions and descriptions of this wine

- winoweenie - 07-16-2002

Scrogg101. After looking at the number of posts and the products you need descriptions for, I've come to the conclusion that you're using this forum to write your restaurants wine list descriptions. I for one take a very dim view of this. Everyone on the board will share any piece of knowledgew with any poster without question. Your employer is trying to take a shortcut and have us educate his employees. I strongly suggest you have multiple tastings of the wines you offer, have a round table discussion as to each of the tasters views, and then share this on your wine list. What we are doing is giving your company thousands of dollars of free advice. There are many professional wine persons who will do this at a price. I for one don't intend to further this charade any further, and I'd appreciate you using this board for your private wine posts'...Period. WW

- scrogg101 - 07-17-2002

WW...charade? please dont be so dramatic. I am simply trying to further MY knowledge of the wines we carry beyond my wine classes and tastings so that I can better serve guests such as yourself. No restaurant is going to open $100,000 worth of wine for the employees to have a sip. With the intense knowledge of this forum I could learn so much: from those whom wish to help. My contributions obviously will not be as great as yours WW but I would love the opportunity.

- Thomas - 07-17-2002

scrogg1 it is common in the wine business that the distributor sales reps have customers (restaurants and retailers) taste the products they seek to sell to you. Your manager/owner/boss knows this and if the restaurant truly wants to foster good wine service and sales, a tasting should be arranged. All the descriptions in the world that we give cannot match the true value of the wait staff actually tasting and knowing what the wines are like.

Talk to your boss; show him our posts; get the management to do it right.

- winoweenie - 07-17-2002

AMEN BRO !!!!WW ( And as an aside... I doubt your Restaurants' whole cellar comes to 100,000Gs'). If your management is really interested in educating the staff on its' wines, staff tastings are where it's at. What Foodie and myself are trying to get across is wine is the most subjective and personal of product. His perception and mine on the same wine could be radically different and yet both be accurate. What Foodie said about the wholesalers is rite on. They have a lot of freebies to give out there. WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 07-17-2002).]

- Thomas - 07-18-2002

what ww failed to say is that we might disagree on the same wine, but I am always correct...

- winoweenie - 07-18-2002

or not...ww