WineBoard
1997 Dehlinger Cab and 97 B.V. Rutherford - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Cabernet Sauvignon (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: 1997 Dehlinger Cab and 97 B.V. Rutherford (/thread-5008.html)

- winoweenie - 02-01-2007

BRW and I had these 2 beauties for lunch today. Both were extremely drinkable and have a brite future. Would be hard-pressed to pick a favorite but under duress would give a nod to the Dehlinger as a slight favorite and definately the stronger of the 2. Was having too much fun to pay strict attention. Both wines would hit the high 80s to low 90s' without breaking a sweat WW

- winoweenie - 04-21-2008

Opened the B.V. Rutherford for lunch today. Deep ruby with light ruby rim. Nose has loads of mature red fruits, soft sweet spices and the famous dust. Solid entry weighty center and a 4 lapper finish. Definately OTTOIG. Drink-em iffin youse gottem. 90/94. 18 by the box. 13.8% alc. WW

- winoweenie - 07-01-2008

Had the other half of this twosome yesterday for lunch. Thank goodness Toms' cabs don't get the press they deserve. Some guys think he only makes SWs and Pinot. Lovely brite ruby. Nose hits all the rite notes without one discord. Super mouthfeel and a killer finish. Seems to be dead on TTOIG. Should hold easily for another 5-7. 91/93. 35 on futures. 14.5% alc. WW

- winoweenie - 05-26-2009

Had the B.V. for lunch yesterday. Good Juice! Holding beautifully and definately at TTOIG. 'Twould be keen to have 2 or 3 more boxes in the cellar but not the way life be. Still have a few left and glad they're around. No change in scoring. WW

- winoweenie - 09-18-2009

BRW, Steve W. and meself got together yesterday for our weekly prayer meeting. As CB and I are leaving town Tues for 12-14 days I asked BR what he'd like to drink. The 97 Dehlinger jumped from his vocalizer immediately along with the 97 Stonegate. All I can say is them dudesbe humongously good stuff. When Steve announced his engagement to this gorgus middle-aged 22 year old blonde he's been seeing lately we insisted he get her pretty buns down to the club so we could get a hug. Knowing we were rapidly running out of juice I looked in the back room and found a 99 Beringer Pvt. Reserve. 1st bottle since release of this and IMHO this sucker is dead OTTOIG. Reminisent of the early 90s' Marthas' this is a lovely bottle. The betrothed couple are leaving tomorrow nite for a 2 weeker that starts in London, goes to Paris then on to Milan where Steve will (he says) do some work. In the meantime looks like us common folk will be eating rice and beans. Lovely way to prep for the week-end. WW

- Kcwhippet - 09-18-2009

Stonegate???? We used to love that Cab. That's from the Spaulding Vineyard on Diamond Mt --- right? Judy and I visited the first time back about 1988, and we talked with the winemaker then who was the Spaulding's son. He was concerned then that his parents were becoming a bit less enthusiastic about the whole enterprise. Sure enough, they sold out about 6 or 7 years later to some financial type who wanted to be a winery owner. When we tried their wines about 8 years ago we felt they'd changed quite a bit - and not to our liking.

- winoweenie - 09-18-2009

The 74 Stonegate Steiner was one of the great wines of this killer vintage. This isn't quite that good but still outstanding non-the-less. WW