WineBoard
1996 B.V. Tapestry - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Cabernet Sauvignon (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: 1996 B.V. Tapestry (/thread-4859.html)

Pages: 1 2

- winoweenie - 08-04-2004

The 4th in the series of 96s'. This wine has really improved both in the aromatics and fruit depth. Took it to my pushers jernt for lunch as I'm confined to 2 glasses daily. Perfume hit the bar area immediately with roses and violets out front. The major improvevement in the taste was the center palate weight and a longer finish. Still needs another 1-3 to shed some tannins but this is one killer bottling. Improved to 93. WW

- amw5g - 08-24-2004

WW, any rough estimate on when you plan on getting to the 99s? I believe you mentioned it was on tap for this year at some point. We haven't cracked any of my gal's....we always have something else to try it seems!

- winoweenie - 08-24-2004

Will start on the 99's late this year. Still have some preliminary 97s' to attend to. Don't be in too much of a hurry as this bottling IMHO has only one way to go and that's up. WW

- winoweenie - 10-16-2004

Grabbed another of these by mistake(had some in with some 97s') and opened it before noticiong the vintage date. Nose still improving. About there. Another 1 before it goes on the "A" list. No change in score. WW

- winoweenie - 10-14-2005

Had another bottle for lunch yesterday. The nose is awesome. Filled the area around my recliner like a blanket. The soft tannins are almost history so the rest of this box goes into the "when-ever" catagory. Still haven'y busted open a 99. Will do it this week-end. No change in scoring. WW

- winoweenie - 05-11-2006

Opened this last nite for dinner and to watch my beloved Suns get trounced. This is one superior bottle of juice that keeps-on keepin'-on. Loads of ebberthin I look for in a wine and still holding like Gibralter. WW

- amw5g - 05-12-2006

Ever get around to one of the 99s? Or is the '96 just too attractive right now?

- winoweenie - 06-20-2006

Had another for lunch today. Holding like a 6-year-old to moms' hand on his first day of kindergarden. Can't get enny better'n this. WW

- winoweenie - 06-20-2006

By the way amg I just set up a 99 to open probably Friday. WW

- winoweenie - 11-16-2006

Another of these bottles bit the dust last nite. Not much else to add except what I always say when a bottling like this starts getting low in inventory...DUMMY!!!! Why dint' youse buy more? WW

- winoweenie - 05-09-2007

Down to the last 3 of the box and this hummer is still singing! Can say that these beautifully balanced suckers have longer staying power than a second cousin. Nose has developed swimmingly. Would probably kick this up a point. WW

- winoweenie - 08-25-2008

Good bye ole' fren'! Had the last of this swinging bottling for lunch today and it can't git no better. All the components have come together and the nose is as super as aromas can become. An absolutely satisfying bottle of grapes as one could want. WW

- Innkeeper - 08-25-2008

Sigh! We had a couple of earlier ones ourselves in the ole days.