WineBoard
looking for a specific wine - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Cabernet Sauvignon (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: looking for a specific wine (/thread-4703.html)

- laniloo - 11-29-2000

I am looking for a cabernet from a winery called something like "Sonoms Ridge County" or "Ridge Sonoma County". Has anyone heard of this wine? It is not just "Sonoma County", the label had all three of these words on it. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, Nan

- mrdutton - 11-29-2000

You could try contacting Ridge. They might be able to help you. I am not familiar with a Ridge Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon. Their "signature" wine, if you will, is Monte Bello which is quite expensive and purported to be quite good.

My experience with Ridge, thus far, has been limited to some of their Zinfandel wines. I've been pleased with each one I've drunk.

My current inventory of Ridge is limited to three bottles of 1995 Ridge Santa Cruz Mountains Cabernet Sauvignon (which I've not yet tasted) and one bottle of 1997 Ridge York Creek Zinfandel.

Try this web-site:

www.ridgewine.com

Sorry I could not be more helpful.

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 11-29-2000).]

- mrdutton - 11-29-2000

I might imagine that WW might have some interesting input about Ridge.........

- Kcwhippet - 11-30-2000

Laniloo,

Since you're in Santa Cruz, you're close enough to visit them yourself and ask them firsthand. Here's some directions and a phone number to get you there.

Open for tasting and sales Saturday and Sunday from 11 to 3. To reach the winery take Highway 280 to the Foothill Expressway exit. Proceed south on Foothill Boulevard (which becomes Stevens Canyon Road) approximately three miles to Monte Bello Road. Turn right on Monte Bello and continue 4.4 miles to 17100. (Drive carefully, the road is twisting and narrow.)

PHONE: (408) 867-3233

- winoweenie - 11-30-2000

Hi there laniloo and welcome to the board. The Ridge " Sonoma County " is one of the many mailing-list-only wines from Ridge Vineyards. The info given by the Whipster is like it be. You`re not 30-45 minutes from the vineyard(Barring any Traffic Jamskies). Go up and look at one of the finer vineyards in your fair state. winoweenie

- mrdutton - 11-30-2000

WW, I thought it might be something from their ATP program or a winemaker's issue. But I could not find anything specific on their web site. Thanks for the conformation.

Unfortunately, short of going out to California for a visit, I can not get their wines directly from the winery. They will only ship to reciprocal states.

That leaves me stuck with what our local distributors can get their hands on. Of couse a lot of that is not bad, not bad at all!

- winoweenie - 11-30-2000

You Gots` it like It Be MrD. They have lots of ATP stuufin`-such that we never see either. Don`t feel like the poor country cousins. They don`t ship into Arizona `neither. winoweenie

- mrdutton - 11-30-2000

Yeah, WW, but you be a lot closer then me!!

Distance wise, that is........