WineBoard
1994 Robert Craig Mt. Veeder and 94 Anderson Conn Valley reserve - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Cabernet Sauvignon (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: 1994 Robert Craig Mt. Veeder and 94 Anderson Conn Valley reserve (/thread-3904.html)

- winoweenie - 06-22-2007

BRW and I had our weekly Thurs Prayer Meeting and these were the featured speakers. The Craig was the last of my 6-pack and makes me kick meeself agin' for being so dumb. Gorgeous bottle that approaches his Howell and Affinity for "Best of 94" honors. All the rough edges are gone and this has a 4+ lapper finish without a whisper of any tannin aanywhere. Have reported on the ACC several times and can assure anyone with this in your cellar that it will hold another 4-8 depending on this provenance. Both of these wines approach classic status but fall just short. WW

- Bucko - 06-22-2007

A friend opened a 2000 ACV -- it was terrible, well, okay, not pleasing anyway. It was thin and herbaceous.

The 94 Craig MV is the best wine they've ever made IMHO. Very nice juice.

- winoweenie - 06-22-2007

I've found lots of 2000s' thin and not palate pleasers. Would stake whats left of me rep that anyone tasting the 94 would lick the Reidel clean. WW

- bigredwines - 06-22-2007

agree with WW. both bottles aren't gonna get any better but will hold min. of 4 years.Personal favorite of the two was Anderson conn for the nose that developed after 45 min. They both make the top 10 list for "94" juice that I have had the pleasure of drinking.

- winoweenie - 11-15-2007

BRW missed this weeks prayer meeting but our close friend Mike C had the pressure of drinking his quota. Had the 94 Conn Creek Limited Release 1st. Maybe slightly past its' peak but was still drinking berry good. Howm-so-ebberly the Anderson Conn Reserve is still acting like the king-of-the-hill. Killer juice with silky intensity that just kept developing in the glass. Still just short of classic numbers but a 93 pernter IMHO. WW

- winoweenie - 04-24-2008

Instead of the Anderson CV I subbed the last of my 94 Judds' Hill and found an orphan of the Craig MV. Twere like Sat in Salt Lake City at the Tabernacle...what great voices singing. Both wines are definately ATTOIG and they are as different as Hillary and Barrack. The Judds' is supple, soft, lush, and delish whilst the Mt. Veeder still has the muscle typical of Mtn. fuit but with enormopus depth and balance. Gotta score both in the low 90s'. great juice! WW

- winoweenie - 02-11-2009

Goobye ole' fren! Last of the 94 Conn Valleys' Not a heck of a lot to add 'cept"SSSSOOOOOOBBBBB!!!!!" Hope I dint make a mess on youses' keyboards. WW [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

- winoweenie - 07-03-2009

WHAT JOY REIGNS IN THE STICKER PATCH! Was looking for something that mite be nice just for Moi for lunch at the club today and Lo!'an Beholden the bottle from one of the lower bins jumps out and Screams " ME-ME". It was the 94 Mt. Veeder. Can't understand with my meticulous bookeeping how this happens but glad it did. Gorgeous floral nose filled the bar and as I was deserted by all my cronies I had the bottle for myself and staff to enjoy. Highlights of ruby and emeralds sparkle from the glass. Whisper entry, muscular center and a solid 4&3/4ths lapper finish. Gotta' kick this baby up to a solid 95. Hope I keep finding orphans of this hummer. WW

- winoweenie - 06-15-2011

To continue with the report on my meticulous record keeping I found another bottle of the Craig MV 94. The only thing that would explain alla' these orphans was I purchased a full box and recorded it as a 6-pack and now am reaping the rewards of this slight oversight. This surely must be the lasty bottle and it went out in a blaze of glory! Still with just a mention of bricking at the rim and still kickin' patootie and not taking names. Whatever the price, double it and this bottle would still be a bargain. WW :!: :!: