WineBoard
Win an Exclusive Wine-Lovers Trip to Napa Valley! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Wine Events & Festivals (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Win an Exclusive Wine-Lovers Trip to Napa Valley! (/thread-2623.html)

- missmorgs - 05-07-2004

Given the opportunity, what would you want to discover in scenic and historic Napa Valley? That is the question that Sequoia Grove, the award-winning producer of Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, is asking consumers. The consumer who composes the most creative answer—in 100 words or less—will win Sequoia Grove’sUltimate Insider’s Tour of Napa Valley.

Perhaps one would like to discover the natural beauty of California’s preeminent wine regions. Or maybe one would like to uncover the secrets of world-class winemaking. Or one could seek out the pampered luxury and gourmet dining for which Napa Valley is renowned.

Consumers may have these opportunities and more when they enter to win Sequoia Grove’s essay contest. The contest runs from March 15, 2004 to July 15, 2004. A panel of high profile judges, which include Michael Gelman, a wine connoisseur and the Executive Producer of Regis and Kelly, as well as Richard Nalley, a renowned wine expert, will choose the winner based on participants’ answers to the question, “What would you hope to discover on the Ultimate Insider’s Tour of Napa Valley?” To enter, participants may log on to www.sequoiagrove.com/essaycontest.

The lucky winners will experience a connoisseurs’ get-away weekend and receive the ultimate VIP treatment, “Napa Style”. During this weekend, guests will visit Sequoia Grove’s 24-acre vineyard and winery and dine by candlelight in the Valley’s first underground cellar with Sequoia Grove’s proprietor, Jim Allen. They’ll hone their wine knowledge and have the experience of a lifetime as they work side-by-side with Winemaker Michael Trujillo during an actual grape harvest and blending session.

After a hard days work, the winners will enjoy a crush lunch with the harvest team and then escape to a waterfront afternoon massage. In the evening, they will be rewarded with a gourmet dinner at the magnificent La Toque Restaurant.

The next day, Michael Trujillo will take them on an insider’s tour to meet some of Napa Valley’s cognoscenti, including winemakers from Joseph Phelps, Cakebread Cellars and Domaine Carneros, where they will enjoy a picnic lunch among the vines.

“Sequoia Grove is one of the pioneers in Napa Valley winemaking. We look forward to hosting the winners and sharing the pleasures of life, Napa Valley style,” stated Trujillo.

The trip includes airfare, 2 nights/3 days stay for two at one of Napa Valley’s luxurious inn and spas, as well as the activities above.

Sequoia Grove Vineyards was founded in 1978 by Jim Allen, whose love for European wines inspired him to discover Napa Valley in its early days. His determination has produced elegant, award-winning wines of depth and character ever since.

The winery is nestled on 24 acres of choice Napa Valley vineyards in Rutherford, California, on the site of a 100 year-old farmhouse surrounded by some of the last sequoia trees in the Napa Valley. The 24-acre estate is planted for Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Malbec, Petit Verdot and a small amount of Chardonnay. The Rutherford viticulture district is more than an appellation of Napa Valley. Rutherford is an icon of quality, the standard bearer for the best fruit. It is the center of Napa Valley, where some of the most sought after wines in the world are produced.

- Lucky13csa - 05-27-2004

Thx.....I filled out my essay. Please...Please....Please.....etc. LOL......my fingers are crossed. Food and wine are my two favorite obsessions besides my beautiful wife. Well, wish my luck.

- Bucko - 05-27-2004

**Given the opportunity, what would you want to discover in scenic and historic Napa Valley?**

A map on how to get to New Zealand...... [img]http://wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]