WineBoard
Newbie to the Max! Need help deciding - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: For the Novice (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Newbie to the Max! Need help deciding (/thread-23103.html)

Newbie to the Max! Need help deciding - Dandiaz21 - 03-12-2015

Hi all!

We're having a work party tomorrow and I pulled the wine list. To be honest I usually never drink Alcohol and detest the taste of Beer. I haven't been to fond of Wines either as I haven't acquired a taste for it yet. I usually go for the fruity drinks that quite frankly don't taste of alcohol.

[b][b]See attached file![/b][/b]
I really need help! I have included the list of Wine choices and would really appreciate any insight as to which one I should choose! It doesn't matter the cost as long as I can hopefully enjoy the taste "without the taste of strong wine" I may not be making sense, but I really would like to start drinking wine more often...I just don't know where to start! This isn't just for tomorrow, this is for future reference as well!

Thank you!
Dan Confused
[attachment=42]

RE: Newbie to the Max! Need help deciding - winoweenie - 03-13-2015

Welcome to the board Dan. Looks like you've found a nice list of wines at fairly competitive pricing. Must point out that the things you say are attractive to you in a wine are not what most wine-drinkers are looking for. I suggest you talk to the man/lady in charge of the wine-buying for this establishment, explain your problem and have her/him point you in the rite direction. Again Welcome WW

RE: Newbie to the Max! Need help deciding - TheEngineer - 03-13-2015

Welcome aboard! I'm sorry that I did not see this sooner but travels get the better part of me.

I agree with WW, that is a nice list with a lot of good value and I'd happily drink all of them. You should go to a wine merchant and show him this list. If you are luck, he will have 25% or more of them, or else he can show you similar things.

There is only one suggestion I'd make and its frankly not even mine. I had a non-wine loving person and there is one wine on that list she could drink and that was the Flowers. A sample of one means nothing but consider that an incidental data point. She liked a softer, not tannic, not mouth filling, fruity and uncomplicated wine.....

Perhaps if that is the guideline then I would not pick anything that is more then $80 here, perhaps the Belle Glos and Au Bon Climat Pinots or the Orin Swifts might do the trick.

Good luck!

RE: Newbie to the Max! Need help deciding - winegirl000 - 02-11-2017

Hello I am a new member on this website. I have a few bottles of wine to sell, but first I try to fins out how much the wine costs.... I have bottle of Masseto 2001 and also Sloan 2010. Can somebody help me find out about the price for 750ml ???? thanks

RE: Newbie to the Max! Need help deciding - winoweenie - 02-11-2017

Hi winegirl and welcome to the board. You really didn't give tons of info on the 2 bottles you want to sell. One is an Italian and the other is from Napa. Pay careful attention; Read the labels carefully and they should have the following; Masseto Tenuta dell Ornelaia vintage 2001. Sloan vintage 2010 Propriatory red Napa. The Masseto is RETAILING in the 6-700 range you need to be 25% lower and have the provenence of the bottle from day one. The Sloan is reytiling in the 6-700range and ditto on everything above. If the labels are torn or the fills in the bottles are low you'll have a hard time selling them. If the labels are significantly different than above send a photo of them if possible. WW

RE: Newbie to the Max! Need help deciding - winoweenie - 03-08-2017

Guess she wasn't in a big hurry to unload them bottles were she? WW

RE: Newbie to the Max! Need help deciding - Kasimga8 - 06-14-2017

I'd like to help you. I have no idea of it.