WineBoard
What a Beehive of Activity - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: What a Beehive of Activity (/thread-23090.html)

What a Beehive of Activity - Innkeeper - 02-27-2015

I got home from six days in hospital last Tuesday and found no new posts then or since. I had my appendix removed and a couple of other nits chased down. My heart had elevated electrolytes and I had to stay in a couple of extra days to be sure the ticker was OK. It was. The elevation was due to the appendicitis.

Won't be making any post myself until Easter as I gave up alcohol for lent

RE: What a Beehive of Activity - winoweenie - 02-28-2015

Glad you're Okie-Dokie IK. What's an old Cocker like you still doing with an appendix? Most normal folk git them suckers sent to the wood-shed before they Finish Puberty. Tell your CB I said "take care of the mity Keeper. I done gots too meeny friends still alive. WW

RE: What a Beehive of Activity - winoweenie - 03-01-2015

As far as the activity. Looks like Jackie needs to put this baby out of its' misery. Has been a great fun ride. WW

RE: What a Beehive of Activity - Jackie - 03-01-2015

Are you kidding! No way. It is a ton of fun reading all these tasting notes and imagining these wines were in my cellar (or closet -- more like it). Besides, how will I get my entertainment without reading your posts? Seriously, WW, there's a lot of valuable information here for winos and others. It's true that Social Media is where people are hanging out now... but just try to find something there, when you need it. Heck!!

When are you all coming to Napa? I'm just over the county line and hope to see ALL this year for a visit. I'm counting on meeting all my old online friends offline. We could plan a group or just play it by ear. Whoever shows up gets the best room.

Jackie

RE: What a Beehive of Activity - winoweenie - 03-02-2015

You're a doll sweet Jackie. Guess I forgot the massive amount of info stored in this venerable site. Just seems like yesterday that Jerry said to me "Get your lazy butt in gear and register on my new web-page. Still miss the curmudgeon. VB

RE: What a Beehive of Activity - Jackie - 03-03-2015

ME TOO! What a kind soul and good writer!!! I loved his irreverence. He never backed down from a fight. I think he made a few enemies but he was an original. I also liked his scoring system. Maybe we should revive it.

RE: What a Beehive of Activity - winoweenie - 03-03-2015

His son opened a small restaurant in Tempe and even with the mity WW giving him as much biz as possible and Dad coming in for a great(supposedly) dinner. He just didn't have the expertise and finesse to make it. The dinner (while not a complete disaster) was probably the most unmemorable food ever served with a 1964 Latour, a 1978 Diamond Creek Volcanic, and a 1970 D'Quem.( All from the weeners cellar along with some out of the Curmudgeon's closet. All but one of the Curmys' were burnt.Yeppo them were the golden days. WW