WineBoard
Registration Changes - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-1.html)
+--- Thread: Registration Changes (/thread-22973.html)

Registration Changes - Jackie - 08-25-2014

This forum no longer posts the web sites or home pages of registered users. We are finding that spammers are registering just to create inbound traffic to pages that have nothing to do with wine.

All new posts from newly registered users will be immediately deleted if they do not appear to be legitimate posts about wine.

Bye Bye Spammers!

RE: Registration Changes - winoweenie - 08-25-2014

Atta Girl!!!!!! WW

RE: Registration Changes - winoweenie - 10-18-2015

Jackie, the changes may have been made but I've knocked off 9 different posts from the same spammer this AM. Touting the online poker games. Fix it so I can ban the suckers, then e-mail me how to do it. Or I can call you If I can't assemble the knowledge . XX&OOs' WW

RE: Registration Changes - Innkeeper - 10-31-2015

And I've knocked three tonight!!!

RE: Registration Changes - Innkeeper - 11-01-2015

Three more this morning.

RE: Registration Changes - winoweenie - 11-03-2015

Ik left you a message in moderator thread. I think we MAY have made believers of this latest crew of spammers. WW

RE: Registration Changes - winoweenie - 11-04-2015

Was a tad pre3mature. Linahood registered this morning and I deleted 3 posts from him before I banned the sucker. WW

RE: Registration Changes - winoweenie - 11-29-2015

Jackie I have one more suggestion that may not stop but slow the huge amount of spammers. Make them fill out ALL questions on the registration page including Name, address, phone, and email. Let them know that these will be checked before they're able to post. All of our good guys are already there so no harm, no foul. I'm banning 5-8 a day all from the same spammer. WW

RE: Registration Changes - Jackie - 01-10-2016

[quote='winoweenie' pid='107274' dateline='1448843052']
Jackie I have one more suggestion that may not stop but slow the huge amount of spammers. Make them fill out ALL questions on the registration page including Name, address, phone, and email. Let them know that these will be checked before they're able to post. All of our good guys are already there so no harm, no foul. I'm banning 5-8 a day all from the same spammer. WW
[/quote]

Yes. Sorry I didnt do this sooner. It's done now. Let's see what happens.

RE: Registration Changes - winoweenie - 01-11-2016

I can already the new restriction has slowed them suckers to a snails' pace. I banned Chassie yesterday and by now it would have been replaced by at least 2 more names' I'll check after the game. WW

RE: Registration Changes - Jackie - 01-11-2016

[quote='winoweenie' pid='107317' dateline='1452558140']
I can already the new restriction has slowed them suckers to a snails' pace. I banned Chassie yesterday and by now it would have been replaced by at least 2 more names' I'll check after the game. WW
[/quote]

Freizer was not able to post but the registration was not completed.... Hmmm.