WineBoard
'11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Italian Wines/Varieties (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo (/thread-22845.html)

'11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 02-13-2014

2011 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo (Less than $10 at TJs; Alcohol level: 13%). This is absolutely the fruitiest Monte we've ever enjoyed; and it held up with enough body to match with lamb shanks and spaghetti. Yum!

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 05-28-2014

Should have said "well under $10." Another tonight with the same dish. Price? $6.99. Fantastic bargain! Great matchup.

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 06-11-2014

Yet another tonight. This time with Penne in the first Basil Pesto on the season, and fennel laced Italian sausages tonight. Yum!!! You just can't beat this wine at twice the price.

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 06-19-2014

Ditto last night!

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 06-25-2014

Once again! This time with penne in our own Italian tomato sauce, with broiled Italian fennel sausages, and grated Romano. Yum!

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 07-09-2014

Tonight with spinach penne and tomato sauce and rolls. I told True Love that the green penne and tomato sauce looked horrible. She said it looked like Christmas! Last time I looked that is 5+ months away!

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 09-11-2014

Last night with white & green penne in fresh tomato sauce, and broiled Italian sausages heavy on fennel. Yum!

Fresh Tomato Sauce:

1 1/2 lbs Roma or San Marzano tomatoes
1/4 lb Unsalted butter
1/2 tbl Salt
8 large Basel leaves rolled and sliced

Plunge tomatoes into boiling water for a minute. Remove skins and chop coarsely. Cook with butter, salt, and basil for twenty minutes. At the 10 point mash with potato masher. Makes two cups.

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 09-25-2014

Ditto last night except pasta all green. With the red sauce it looked like Christmas! Yum!

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 10-08-2014

First wine in a long time. Have been having a problem with my health. Tonight we had a low carb penne with the sausages and fresh tomato sauce. Head feels better tonight.

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - winoweenie - 10-09-2014

Get well fast my friend! The Board can't afford to have both you and I not posting!!!! WW

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - TheEngineer - 10-15-2014

[quote='winoweenie' pid='106504' dateline='1412863511']
Get well fast my friend! The Board can't afford to have both you and I not posting!!!! WW
[/quote]

Get well soon!

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 10-30-2014

Feeling better! Last night another eleven with lamb shanks and linguini; and salad mostly from our garden. Yum!

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 12-04-2014

Last night a repeat of 6/25. Yum!

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 12-17-2014

Tonight we had a '12 which if anything was better than ever. We matched it with the last of our batch of the heavier tomato sauce, and broiled Italian sausages with fennel, and grated cheese. Yum!

Always remember that Wednesday night is Prince Spaghetti Night even if we don't eat Prince Spaghetti any more.

RE: '11 Tommolo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Innkeeper - 07-02-2015

Another twelve last night with Italian sausages with penne in tomato sauce. Yum!