WineBoard
Wine selection for Housewarming party - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Wine/Food Affinities (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Wine selection for Housewarming party (/thread-22247.html)

- 777Prodigy - 04-16-2012

Hi guys! :-D I just recently tied the know and we're throwing a house warming party where everybody can have fun and still be sober. It's my first to arrange a party and I hope you can help me out! Our party will start from midday until midnight beside our pool. We're serving sea food dishes. What wines can go with it? Please give me your wonderful suggestions! :-)

- winoweenie - 04-16-2012

Hi Prodigy and welcome to the board. It sounds lik there'll be a large invite list so I imagine price mite be important. For a red I've rcently found a delightful Oregon Pinot Noir from Underwood Cellars that sell for arounf 11 bucks and drinks like 25. You'll get white suggestions from other areas. And CONGRATULATIOBS!!!!WW

- Innkeeper - 04-16-2012

Hi Prodigy since we don't know where you live it makes it a little difficult to pick wines for you. Recommend you try to find a case or two of a dry Riesing such as those available from the Finger Lakes. Above all find a dealer local to your new localle and make friends. I'm sure he/she will have plenty of suggestions. If you go for a white be sure to have a tub with a little ice in it by the pool. You want the wine to be cool but not cold.

- TheEngineer - 04-17-2012

First of all congrats!!

If you live in a warm area (given that it is a ppol party in April...), then I would also suggest a nice bright and slightly sweet sparkling wine called Moscato D'Asti). It is ALWAYS a fan fav at pool partiees (and it's low in alcohol).

- rosarymary - 06-14-2012

Hello and Congrats!!

I would suggest you get a nice malbec red wine that would compliment the occasion and also the food. We all know that Malbec wine pairs well with almost anything barbequed, roasted and spicy. In addition it can be paired with Italian, Mexican, Spanish and Thai cuisines. If you want a white wine, you can correct a grape varietal of Malbec and Torrontes, it tastes great with chicken, vegetables, fish and pasta.

Have a fun party!!

- winoweenie - 06-14-2012

Hi Rosary and welcome to the board. I must say yours' is one of the more subtle ways to advertise a vineyard. We'd still prefer you post this in the advertising thread or leave out the "link". WW

- Thomas - 06-14-2012

Yeah, WW, especially since the party was months ago.

We have these kyolive and prodigy spammers, and it appears the board still hasn't addressed the spammer issue head on.

- rosarymary - 06-14-2012

Hi winoweenie and Thomas,

I apologize for adding my thoughts to a question that wasn't valid anymore.I probably didn't check on the date. Also, please excuse me for the link; My intention was not just to advertise but to share information that could be useful for people searching on wines. I'll make sure I read the forum rules well before replying to a post.

Best Regards,
Rosary

- winoweenie - 06-14-2012

And we'll welcome your insights and knowledge. This is probably the most friendly, laid-back bunch of drinkers you'll find on the web. We just like for all who enter to enter the board honestly and with good intentions. Best Regards, WW

- Drew - 06-16-2012

I smell a link between rosarymary and althealee....I think somethings rotten in Denmark!

- winoweenie - 06-16-2012

You Thunk????????????? WW

- Kcwhippet - 06-16-2012

If it walks like a duck and quacks likes a duck...........

- Thomas - 06-16-2012

If it walks like a duck and quacks likes a duck………..it must be Malbec!