WineBoard
2009 Loring Russian River Valley - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Pinot Noir/Red Burgundy (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: 2009 Loring Russian River Valley (/thread-21536.html)

- Kcwhippet - 06-02-2011

Judy, who doesn't at all like seafood, is in Las Vegas for a trade show, so I decided to make some sort of seafood. Here's the menu.

Grilled Salmon, first rubbed all over with canola oil then with lemon and orange zest, chopped fresh lemon thyme and oregano, salt and pepper. Grilled skin side down over med high @ 8 min.

Slaw - grated green cabbage and carrots, rough chopped white onion, red and green bell pepper, cider vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and canola oil.

Avocado - sliced and tossed with lime juice and canola oil.

Oh yeah, the wine was really nice (as are all Brian's offerings), and went splendidly with the meal. Shared with our niece Meghan who lives with us (she's a big seafood fan and loves it when Judy travels).

- Kcwhippet - 06-02-2011

This was entered as a five paragraph post, but as you can see above it became all one paragraph. Sort of takes away the impact I intended. Oh well. Hopefully, this is yet another Beta release glitch that will be fixed soon. AA, when will we be out of Beta? This is getting really old. Please don't tell me this is the final release version still with bugs. I've seen many, many software releases - Alpha, Beta and Final - over the past 46 years, and I haven't seen basic functions still not operational after such a long time post release.

- Thomas - 06-02-2011

Someone seems to be getting testy Wink Maybe we should write just one line posts from now on!

- winoweenie - 06-02-2011

This is normal whenced Judy be gone for 3 days or more. After a week he starts using the sybols above the numbers. It really gets nasty ww

- Innkeeper - 06-02-2011

You may have noticed that he hasn't posted today. He had to keep his head down last night. You'd think this was OK or someplace in flyover ville.

- Kcwhippet - 06-02-2011

Just got home from work, IK, else I would have posted sooner.

Thomas, I did SW development from 1965 to 1991. I admit this wasn't a continuous career path because it involved forays and overlaps into/with Marketing Communications, pure Marketing, Sales, Financial Analysis and a few other arcane corporate functions, but over those 26 years, I probably spent a total of 15 developing SW in many different formats. What we've encountered here is the antithesis of a professionally delivered package. There are some very basic steps to be done before releasing a SW package, and I don't feel they've been followed here. I'm not trying to be testy (Judy's absence notwithstanding), but what I learned to do to release a completed SW product over a long career hasn't been followed. I've seen changes in Wineloverspage, WCWN and a few others. In some cases the changes have been major, and they all were pulled off virtually seamlessly. I haven't seen that here. Sorry!

- TheEngineer - 06-03-2011

test

test

test

test

test

- winoweenie - 06-03-2011

On What subject? WW

- TheEngineer - 06-04-2011

Lack of "carriage Return......" to use lingo from KC's old development days... Smile