WineBoard
Boyden Valley Riverbend Red - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: New York/East Coast Wines (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Boyden Valley Riverbend Red (/thread-14089.html)

- Innkeeper - 07-22-2003

N/V Boyden Valley Winery of Cambridge, VT, Riverbend Red ($15.75 Laro's Shoppe, Quechee,VT and $10.95 at winery!!!). The difference in price was for the scenery, both the spectacular gorge and the flashing legs and navels of the touristimos, I guess. This is one of my daughters' favorite spots, and she organized the day trip, and I experianced entreme peer like pressure to buy "something."

This blend of Marechal Foch and Chambourcin makes a great $10 hamburger wine. A $16 investment it is NOT. Matched it with simply sauteed (it was too cold to grill!) burgers with Vidallia onions, and ketchup on a bun with salad. Very nice Monday night fare. The wine showed nice red fruit on the nose and upfront, with a little of that hybrid catch in the craw across the palate, and a good recovery on the finish. Mother liked it better than I did (guess her craw didn't get caught). It was a good example of Northeast Hybrid winemaking. Would buy again at winery prices.

- Kcwhippet - 07-23-2003

"flashing legs and navels"

My neighbor (who has three teenage girls - all hardbodies) blames this on Brittany Spears. I notice, however, that when his girls have all their friends over to swim in their pool, he's always out there "supervising".

- Innkeeper - 07-23-2003

My true love says, "It's OK to take another glance at the menu, after you've finished dinner."

- Thomas - 07-23-2003

In NY City there are scores of beautiful women indeed flashing belly buttons and dimples at the small of their backs, but scattered among them are scores more who need to see what they look like in those belly-button-flashing-hip-hugging get-ups; some are truly comical!

- Kcwhippet - 07-23-2003

It's worse than comical - it's frightening to think that some people actually believe they are attractive in fashions meant for other people with totally different body types.

- Innkeeper - 07-23-2003

George Goebell (sp) the circa '50s comedian made the following comment after they moved his TV show from New York to Hollywood, "I noticed that a lot of women out here wear slacks. I also noticed that a lot women shouldn't wear slacks."

- winedope1 - 07-24-2003

I have always thought that body baring and spandex are priviledges, not rights. Some sights should be left unseen. While I work out and have a good figure, I'm past the age where belly button, et al should be advertised on the street. Some other women should realize the same thing. However, guys, it's not limited to women. I have seen a lot of guys showing much more than needs to be seen as well. Gotta give equal coverage... pun intended... WD

- Thomas - 07-24-2003

WD, that's why I wear a hat...