WineBoard
Subtitle of this forum - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Rose/Blush/All Pink Wines (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Subtitle of this forum (/thread-13901.html)

- WA Wino - 01-05-1999

Jerry/Jackie: this forum's subtitle should include white zin, Tavel, etc. but not Blanc de Noirs. First of all, a blanc de noir is typically not pink, like a rose champagne would be, and second, a TN about a blanc de noir should be in the champagne folder.

- Jerry D Mead - 01-05-1999

Blanc de Noirs simply means white from black grapes, and is a classification at many California wine competitions...as in in Blanc de Pinot Noir...Cabernet Blanc, etc

While it's true that most Champagnes (other than Blanc de Blancs) are indeed blanc de noirs, that name almost never appears on wines from that region...and I don't remember EVER seeing one until California popularized the terminology.

I don't think there's a problem with the term being here...and while they often are not classic pink, they do usually have a tinge of color, sometimes bronze.

The idea is "still" table wines produced in a Rose or "white" or "blanc" style and made from black grapes.

- Botafogo - 01-05-1999

Guys, I hate to sound like a broken record of Senator Robert Byrd droning on and on and on about the constitution and procedures but LET'S TALK ABOUT WINE! While you were posting (slightly) anal deconstructions of the titling of subdivisions of this section of the board, couldn't you have posted SOMETHING about a nice blush or even commented on my post? We've got to give newbies a reason to visit here.

Here is another great Pink Wine that gets no respect: Heitz Grignolino, the best wine (in consistency and value for money) that Heitz makes and perfect with almost anything at any time. Consumers, tell your retailers you won't buy any Heitz Cab unless they stock this, reverse allocation pressure, I love it!

- Bucko - 01-05-1999

Blanc de Noir - I don't like it, I don't like it at all........

May the Fickle Finger of Fate,
Visit the Meadster's Prostate.

BuckKnuckle

- Jerry D Mead - 01-06-1999

Bucko...Does that mean I shouldn't put you on the White Zin panel at NWIWC?

JDM

- Bucko - 01-06-1999

Hey Jerry! Kind Sir! I was only kidding!! You are the greatest...... !@#$%^&*!

Looking Forward to NWIWC.

Bucko

- Ron Zimmerman - 01-06-1999

[b]Domaine Tempier Rosé[/b]

In the last few years, I have downed numerous bottles of the Domaine Tempier Rosé at a favorite little eatery and watering hole here in Seattle. A few months ago, I ordered a bottle and was told that they no longer carried it. The owner said that he had been experiencing too much variability with the wine.
Not to be deterred, I attempted to purchase some wholesale ( I have a liquor license), but the distributor had stopped carrying it, too (probably based on the input from the restaurateur).

I understand that Lucien Peyraud (former owner-winemaker) at Tempier died a couple of years back, but I had thought that his son had taken over the winemaking duties years before.

Has anyone else found a problem recently with the Domaine Tempier wines, especially the rosé?