WineBoard
Treasure in the cellar - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Treasure in the cellar (/thread-13599.html)

- hotwine - 10-14-2008

Stumbled across a partial case of Tabasco Green Pepper sauce in the cellar a few days ago. Had become hidden by cases of wine, so forgot all about it being there. Wonderful stuff! Have resumed ladeling it all over everything at din-din, much to her consternation (burp).

- winoweenie - 10-15-2008

Use that marvelous Jalapeno juice on everthing from cereal to codfish. Far and away my favorite dressing. WW

- Bucko - 10-15-2008

Love it on eggs...

- andrawes76 - 10-15-2008

Great on pizza as well. Give it a whirl.

- TheEngineer - 10-16-2008

on every bit of a burrito!! I mean very bit...take me about half a bottle for a burrito.

- mrdutton - 12-14-2008

My beautiful wife kept asking me why I was washing and saving bottles. I told her to wait - when I had enough of them she would understand.

When I decided I had enough I placed an order. When the item arrived, I refilled the bottles.

One bottle lasts about three weeks, sometimes only two weeks. So I now have one in use on the kitchen table and five full bottles in standby.

Of what?

Tabasco's Smoked Chipotle Hot Sauce.

How much did I order?

A GALLON JUG!! (It is stored in the fridge.)

The next gallon will be their new Garlic Sauce.

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 12-13-2008).]

- Georgie - 12-15-2008

Shudder...just reading those posts made me pop a Pepcid AC. How DO you people eat that hot stuff?

- Kcwhippet - 12-15-2008

Every fall I make two batches of hot sauce for the coming year - mango habanero and garlic habenero. I also usually make a few jugs of horseradish from the big patch I grow out back, but I haven't been able to dig it up this year because of the hernia. I think I'll try today since it's warmed up considerably and the doc says I can resume minor stress activities. Oh yeah, when we travel I always take a bottle of Cholula - a wonderfully delicious sauce made from roasted habaneros and roasted serranos.

- wondersofwine - 12-15-2008

I'm with Georgie. I can only take the mildest salsa or curry dishes.

- winoweenie - 12-15-2008

I'm with the mity KC...Eother the green jalepeno from Tobasco or that marvy red from Mexico Cholula. WW

- VouvrayHead - 12-15-2008

I love hot sauce, including Tabasco red and green and Cholula...
I like to make my own with Habaneros, but did not do so this year.
A few other favorites: August in Austin (from a hot sauce specialty store in Austin, Texas-- can be found online) and "Pain is Good" Jamaican style. That's the brand with the flask-shaped bottles with funny-looking screaming faces on the front. Hot stuff, but incredibly flavorful. I also really like Sriracha sauce from the local Asian grocery.