WineBoard
The most obcene thing I've ever seen on Televison! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The most obcene thing I've ever seen on Televison! (/thread-13321.html)

- Botafogo - 05-24-2001

I thought that would get some attention but I am not actually kidding either. I am watching the news and they run an ad for a lawn and garden GENERAL insecticide produced by our good (reformed) Nazi friends at Bayer that puts forth two propositions:

A) this stuff will kill every ant, flea, worm, millipede, katydid, cricket, lady bug or whatever in your yard.

and B) that this is a GOOD thing!

Has the average suburban lawn baron so little an understanding of the interlinked nature of even an artificial environment like his yard that he can't see the folly in killing everything that moves just so his dog won't bring in fleas or ants won't get on his picnic table???

Is this a natural outgrowth of the growing food hysteria and the overuse of antibacterial soaps? A prelude to spraying entire suburbs with agent orange to quell back yard canabis production? Or just plain idiocy? I never cease to be amazed......

Roberto

- Drew - 05-24-2001

Can't wait to get some!!!!!

Drew

- Bucko - 05-24-2001

I wonder if it will work on the whales? You just cannot toilet train them, so out they go......

Bucko

- Catch 22 - 05-25-2001

Why not just pave it and paint it green? No maintainence, no bugs!

- winoweenie - 05-25-2001

The Weenie markets the most marvelous artificial grass in the world. I garanTEE you No bug can live in this stuff. WW

- cpurvis - 05-25-2001

Purchase a home, plant a garden & wonder whether some idiot who lived there before you is now poisoning your family. Lunacy...and a real boon to the soil testing industry. IMO the big pharma companies continue to establish themselves as poster-thugs for business without a conscience.

cp

- Botafogo - 05-25-2001

AND you just know that the American mentality of "if some is good then more (and probably a lot more) is better" will be involved in the dosage of this stuff, thus running off into YOUR water, your kid's sandbox, your compost heap, ect....Nasty stuff indeed when folks want to sterilize everything (including a lot of wines these days).

- chittychattykathy - 05-26-2001

One of the houses down the street from me has such a perfect lawn that none of the mothers on the block will let their kids get near it. It doesn't even look natual, too perfect. Like one of WW's rolled out lawns!

- chittychattykathy - 05-26-2001

BTW, When I saw Botos headline I was expectingit to be"Wild Vines" ads!

- mrdutton - 05-29-2001

Having submitted my little bit of God's green earth for consideration as a NWF Backyard Habitat, you can rest assured that I will NOT be using Bayer's poisonous products.

But come to think of it, I don't buy any of their products anyway. Might have something to do with their past history........ which they deny.