WineBoard
There are people still like this... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: There are people still like this... (/thread-13115.html)

- TheEngineer - 10-24-2010

I was walking around a wine store today bidding my time and I saw something that rather irked me... A nice looking couple in their 40's was walking round a large bin of wines. The picked up one of the bottles and promptly dropped it into their cart, breaking a smaller 375ml plastic bottle of wine. NEITHER winced, moved or made any noise. I could spell the wine on the floor from the other side of that bin. They did not call anyone to come and clean it up, they did not make any offer to pay for it.. In fact they did not even move.....they acted like there was NOTHING wrong. They even stayed and continued to look through the bin for other wines, slowly making their way around to the other side where I was.

People could've slipped and hurt themselves, they did not care. They did nothing...Most amazing was that neither did anything.......I hope they slip on other people's spills somewhere else and learn their lesson that way...

- winoweenie - 10-25-2010

And I thot all the idiots were in Phoenix. WW

- hotwine - 10-25-2010

They're everywhere. They reproduce. And they vote.

- Innkeeper - 10-25-2010

I simply would have notified the store as I'm sure you did. I think it would be better to pray for them, than to wish them ill.

- TheEngineer - 10-25-2010

I did notify the store and they went right away. No questions asked even of me. You are right, probably not a good thing to wish ill will on others.... Karma...karma,.....

- Thomas - 10-25-2010

About that ill will thing--the people who fund negative political ads ought to be informed about karma...

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 10-25-2010).]

- wondersofwine - 10-27-2010

I didn't post while on my trip but I'm back in North Carolina and will post when I can.

Biggest jerk I encountered on my trip--the guy who honked his horn at me when I slowed down on River Road (near Guerneville)in a construction zone where the lanes were not clearly marked and then honked at me again when I slowed down to turn into the driveway of Sonoma Orchid Inn where I was staying. He seriously wants me to risk my neck so he can get somewhere two or three minutes quicker!

Biggest hero of my trip--the lady who approached me in the parking lot near the Healdsburg UPS where I was shipping home ten bottles of wine and said tentatively "Jane?" I didn't know how she knew my name so asked "Did I drop something?" She asked my last name and then handed over my driver's license, US Army civilian ID card, a set of keys to my new Mazda parked near Raleigh-Durham airport and house key, another key, a compact and a lipstick. Apparently the zipper to that compartment of my purse was unzipped when I got out of the car and spilled its contents on the pavement and she had been looking for the person on the driver's license or a Mazda nearby. (My rental card was a Ford Focus.) I offered to reward her saying "That ID card is important!" but she wouldn't take any money. I realized later that without the ID card or driver's license I probably wouldn't be allowed to fly home since you need photo ID to go through security! I told the lady she made my day!

- TheEngineer - 10-27-2010

Nice!! [img]/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

- hotwine - 10-27-2010

Very nice indeed!

- Thomas - 10-27-2010

Oh boy, that reminds me of the time I lost my wallet on a commuter train from NJ into Manhattan. Didn't discover the loss until lunchtime at work that day.

So, after contacting the train's lost and found and coming up empty, I proceeded to cancel all credit cards, and start the process to replace licenses, etc.

One week later, my wallet with everything intact shows up in the mail, sent by someone who found it on the train but because he was on his way to Laguardia Airport and a flight, didn't have time to phone me and tell me, so he dropped it in the mail, certified and insured.

He gave me no return address and no way to thank him. Amazing and reaffirmation of the possibilities with people.

- astroud83 - 11-02-2010

Fortunately most of us know better than to behave as such. For the others I feel confident that Darwinism will take care of them. Survival of the fittest!

------------------
http://mypersonalwinejourney.blogspot.com/