WineBoard
Rant: Hows' 'bout them BUCs? Rave: Hows' 'bout them BUCs? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Rant: Hows' 'bout them BUCs? Rave: Hows' 'bout them BUCs? (/thread-13106.html)

- winoweenie - 01-27-2003

Defense be King! Glad I'm not in Tampa. They were crazy enough the Friday before their 1st play-off when I was there. The Causeway was probably the Coasts' largest dance-floor last nite. CONGRATS GANG!!!! ww

- Kcwhippet - 01-27-2003

After watching the news this morning, I sure wouldn't want to be in Oakland. What a horror show!

- joeyz6 - 01-27-2003

What happened?

- wondersofwine - 01-27-2003

Fans rioting--burning cars I believe. Generally showing no class. I've seen how easily mobs can get out of control. My sorority once led a semi-spontaneous pep rally for the Nebraska Cornhusker football team before the game against Oklahoma. We had some band members to dinner and then they led us, with their musical instruments, down the street to serenade the football dorm, picking up students from other housing units along the way. Crowd then went downtown (a few blocks from campus) and starting getting out-of-hand--climbing over parked automobiles and such. That was definitely not part of the plan. They didn't set any fires however and soon dispersed when the police directed them to. (Cornhuskers defeated Sooners that year, by the way).

- wondersofwine - 01-27-2003

BTW, Joey, you need to report on some of the French wines you are consuming. You can be our on-the-spot reporter.

- joeyz6 - 01-28-2003

Oakland does tend to get a little rough sometimes.

You're right, WOW, I definitely need to post about some of my finds over here. I keep meaning to and never get around to it. I will soon. Part of it also is that my "tasting notes" aren't exactly professional quality.

- Kcwhippet - 01-28-2003

Oakland got so bad, the police were firing tear gas and rubber bullets.

- wondersofwine - 01-28-2003

Joey, don't worry about the professional quality of your tasting notes. Just let us know what wines you like and express their qualities the best you can from there.

- joeyz6 - 01-28-2003

Will do, WOW! Soon as I get a chance. I better hurry, too, because I'm coming back home for the summer (and maybe longer) in May.

Never heard of the rubber bullet defense. I'm not really sure what the idea is with that.

- ShortWiner - 01-28-2003

It hurts!

- wineluvr95 - 01-28-2003

Regarding Bill Romanowski, the announcers during the game said this was his fifth trip to the Super Bowl and he already had four rings from his four previous trips. Gee, my heart bled for him that he didn't make it five for five. I was happy to see the Bucs win. But anyhow, I'm guessing with 4 rings he probably has been with both San Fran and Denver.

- wineluvr95 - 01-28-2003

oops sorry, guess I posted this to the wrong thread...this isn't the one that mentions Romanowski...can't even blame it on too much wine as I'm still at work.

- Innkeeper - 01-29-2003

There is a story on the "other board" this morning about a lost bet that can't be paid. Seems Gov Davis lost a case of Napa Cabernet to Gov Bush as a result of a Super Bowl bet. However, he can't send it to him because Florida is a felony state!