WineBoard
What special wine are you opening for Christmas? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What special wine are you opening for Christmas? (/thread-13000.html)

- Drew - 12-24-2010

Eileen and I are going to my sister's today and hauling a mag of 1999 Robert Mondavi Reserve Cab to pair with Prime Rib.

Drew

- winoweenie - 12-24-2010

Opening a bottle of 1978 Diamond Creek Lake (my last) and CB and I will do our celebrating by ourselves for the 1st time as she can't be exposed to anyone at present. I want to take this moment to thank all of you keen board members that have helped with the big guy upsrairs on her behalf and Wish each of you the GREATEST of Holidays. WW

- Innkeeper - 12-24-2010

We are having roast goose with trimmings, and a couple of bottles of '07 Domaine de la Chanteleuserie, Bourgueil.

Merry Christmas everyone.

- TheEngineer - 12-24-2010

That sounds awesome!

The funny (perhaps not so) thing is that Xmas has come so quickly this year. I remember looking up on Tuesday this week and saying #$@%, its XMas on Saturday.....Normally I don't curse and say XMas in the same sentence because I truly do enjoy this holiday. I love the food, I love the family, I don't even mind the shopping cuz I'm pretty good at that too! but this year it has just come so fast! So I've not had a chance to think about it.

I love the fact that you are bringing a MAG.. That's so holiday!! I might have to find one. Currently I got a couple of 99 Bordeaux hanging half out cuz I've not really thought of it. Fer sure some sparkly in the form of Delamotte NV. Definitely a Sherry, likely a Emilio Lustau (Almacenista) Jerez-Xérès-Sherry Palo Cortado Vides.

That's the easy part...now I've gotta look for a mag.. [img]/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

- wondersofwine - 12-24-2010

We're celebrating in a rental home on Sail Bay, San Diego. We have some Moscato d'Asti on hand and a couple Zinfandels. I didn't have a say in picking them out because I missed a flight connection in Phoenix and arrived on a flight three hours later Dec. 22 and missed the shopping at Trader Joe's. (Our flight out of Charlotte sat on the tarmac for over an hour due to a fueling problem) My great niece was asked why the city is named San Diego and she said because it has so many beaches--Sand iego, get it? One more nephew coming in from Colorado this afternoon and it will be a joyous Christmas.

- winoweenie - 12-24-2010

Have a wondrous holiday sweet WOW. WW

- Kcwhippet - 12-25-2010

Elder Daughter and family are out Sacramento way, Son and SO are in Puerto Rico, youngest Daughter and family are at home in NH, and that's where Judy and I are going. NH kids rarely drink and not that imaginative cooks, so, we're doing take out Chinese food and whatever beverage we pick out of the cellar.

Merry Christmas to all here on the Board!!! We hope you all have a great holiday season and really fabulous 2011.

- hotwine - 12-25-2010

Still mulling over the wines..... dinner is being prepared by youngsters, confusing my feeble mind on pairings...

Merry Christmas to all youse reprobates!

Good crowd in church last night (at least the one service we attended out of five that were offered).

Somebody left that north gate open again last night, giving us cold howling winds. Keep your snow and ice, please.