WineBoard
2001 Coturri Chauvet Vineyard Zin TN's? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Zinfandel (The Real Red Stuff) (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2001 Coturri Chauvet Vineyard Zin TN's? (/thread-9720.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Kcwhippet - 12-21-2004

I did make comments to them directly when I questioned the vast bottle variation. Two phone calls (no call back), one email (no reply).

- californiagirl - 12-21-2004

There's no drama about it. Pablo - you attempt to address yourself as a well educated person about Coturri- and as said well educated individual, I am simply asking additional questions related to the subject at hand... with no response. I don't want quotes- just opinions. We may agree, we may disagree. But we are all adults, correct?

This individual is reminding me of someone else......

- pablo - 12-22-2004

CA girl ... the subject at hand is Coturri Zin's and I think they make some of the most truthful wines commercially available.

- winoweenie - 12-22-2004

CG this guy will dance around all year and plug these guys. I'm thru with this thread. Boors are Boorish. WW

- Thomas - 12-22-2004

Irisman/pablo, whoever you are...many years ago I worked for a distributor that handled Coturri wines. Many in the sales staff said what we thought--no one listened.

And, pablo, we have yet to hear a cogent argument from you about the specific things we have posted. If you think you will persuade non-believers with a head of steam--damned the facts--you obviously aren't at all cognizant.

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 12-22-2004).]

- Glass_A_Day - 12-22-2004

I'm with WW and quitting here. I participate on many a forum and this person is what's known as a troll. Their first post and all subsequent posts are meant only to ruffle the feathers of board regulars. I've never seen a board where someone like this doesn't come along from time to time. They thrive on indirect answers and other psychological tools used to irritate us. It makes them feel powerful. If anyone thinks this person really cares about the wine, they have missed the point. This is only meant to upset you all. There was a troll that showed up at the Wine Spectator site a while back who's thread got the highest view count in recent history. People got all wrapped up debating him, which was all he wanted in the first place. Real wine posts were ignored while people were trying to set this guy straight. Sounds familiar, doesn't it??? It's like the little kid who teases to get a reaction. Remember what mom said; "Ignore him and he will stop." The only other option is he works for or is involved with the winery in question which would make this type of posting very inappropriate too. Either way, as stated above, I'm out.

- Thomas - 12-22-2004

Glass-a-day, you are right. Count me out too.

we'll need to keep on top of this kind of stuff so that we don't feed the next (a****le) that comes along. Sad, how little people have in their lives.

- irisman - 12-22-2004

KC I admire you...and knowing the people involved, you may not get a return, but I do agree with the rest of you here...let it lie. Strange...I came to the board looking for something altogether different....and NO, I don't know Pablo, whomever he is(or she). I am in Sonoma However. Bye all.

- pablo - 12-22-2004

Sonoma Valley is a small place – and the Coturris are real people. This is their life – they grow grapes and make wines – and have been doing it for their entire lives. I’ve known the Coturri’s for several years – not as long as you Irisman – and like Irisman no one is paying me to write these comments.

But, the mob mentality of this chat room is amazing. I posted an opposing viewpoint - that Coturri makes great wines – and I am verbally abused and called an a&%hole, troll, shill, three-year-old child. Why don’t you arm chair winemakers get from behind your avatars and put your name on a product and sell it to the world?

With that being said, I too will leave it alone – lets agree to disagree. But I too think that the Coturris would love to hear from you about your legitimate comments/complaints. Use your real name and address and send your thoughts to info@coturriwinery.com.

- Kcwhippet - 12-22-2004

Like I said above, Pablo, I made three tries to get some info from Coturri about the bottle variation I encountered. I used my real name and included my real phone number and my real address. I was ignored all three times. Their loss since I work at a very large, high volume wine shop, and we don't and won't carry their wines.

I'm outta here, too.

- californiagirl - 12-22-2004

Happy Holidays pablo

- Bucko - 12-22-2004

"Seems to me, pablo, that you're ignorant and immature. People are entitled to their opinions. Being that this is supposed to be a civilized society, and you disagree with others opinions, then so be it. But name calling is for immature children."

Uhhh, californiagirl, what did you just do? Name calling. Careful when you throw stones.

Call your dad some bad names for crying out loud for drinking all of that over-extracted Pinot ... [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]