'93 Ravenswood Monte Rosso
- Printable Version
+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Zinfandel (The Real Red Stuff) (/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: '93 Ravenswood Monte Rosso (/thread-9428.html)
- MikeE - 02-01-1999 10:30 AM
Until Saturday night, I thought that the best '93 Zin I'd tasted was Ravenswood's Belloni/Wood Road.. well, I now think that the Monte Rosso tops that one. This is a beautifully full flavored (raspberries, black berries), smooth, mouth-filling wine. My feeling is this one is at top form now, but I don't think that it's going downhill anytime soon.
- Woodman - 02-02-1999 02:10 AM
Mike, we had a '93 Monte Rosso Friday night at a pre-ZAP dinner. Unfortunately, it was overshadowed by some awesome wines ('87 Ridge Geyserville among others) so it didn't show well.........and it was my bottle so I'm embarrassed (well, just a little).
- MikeE - 02-02-1999 10:41 AM
Hey Rob, two thoughts on your '93 Monte Rosso
1) I'm sorry that it didn't show well, especially considering it was your bottle, but
2) I wish I was there to enjoy the '87 Geyersville and others that overshadowed it... must have been some great stuff!