WineBoard
Assorted TN's: The return. - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Australia/New Zealand/South Africa (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Assorted TN's: The return. (/thread-8210.html)

- Skeeter - 10-27-2005

Hey guys and gals... long time, no post, huh? (Four months by my count... altough I've lurked around on occasion.) Then again, a sliced tendon in my finger put me put me on some heavy painkillers for a while,and thusly, no drinkies allowed. It's a lot better now, and yes, the pills have been replaced with a more enjoyable "medication". The fingers still splinted up, so I apologise in advance for any typos.

So, here's a few TN's from the OTHER Land Down Under:

2005 Crab Farm Hawkes Bay Sauvingnon Blanc: Not what I was expecting.. almost Marlborough-like in it's nose. A little grassy, but not too much, restrained acidity, and very drinkable. As a good Kiwi savvie should be...

2004 Crab Farm Reserve Chardonnay: A good slice of oak, but really finely balanced, too. Tons of body, an excellent food wone. Should cellar well mid-term, but ready to drink if you are. Thumbs up!

2004 Bridge Pa Merlot/Malbec: Nice tannins, long finish and medium palate weight... sadly a splash of said wine has rendered the rest of my notes a little blurry. I remember adding to my mental "I'd drink that" list, though.

2004 Artisan Cabernet/Merlot: Ripe, sweet fruit with a great tannic bite. Not overpowering, just adding a nice intensity to the wine. Big Tick o' Approval winner from me, and exceptional value for money. (NZ$18.50 from the winery, even cheaper at the store I sampled it at.)

2004 Bridge Pa Syrah: I remember being unimpressed with the '03... the still-young vines are improving, though. Full, smooth and long, with fine-grained oak notes. A huge improvement in a year. Let's hope they keep it up for '05.

2003 Sigrun 'Konrad" Noble Reisling: Classic honeyed/peach nose. The acids ahve dropped away beautifully, leaving it smooth and luscious with gorgeous peach/necatarine flavours. SOLD! (Just the thing to bolster my dwindling supply of Shingle Peak '03 Botrytis before Christmas rolls around.)

Oh, and one more...

Dominion Brweries Flame Beer (Non-vintage.): Man, I hadn't drunk this in years. Very similar to Millers Geninuin Draft, with a touch more sweetness. (A kiwi trait as far as beers go.) Excellent summer drop, smooth and refreshing, but the taste fades and gets a little bitter as it warms up. Serve VERY cold.

*prepares to be exiled for the beer note* 8)

[This message has been edited by Skeeter (edited 10-27-2005).]

- winoweenie - 10-28-2005

Velchomme Back Skeets! As usuaal solid notes. Actually had a couple of NZ savvies in San Diego at our favorite fish jernt that really sang.WW

- hotwine - 10-28-2005

Glad you're healing, Skeeter. Your typing is better than mine with all 10 digits werkin... uh, working.