WineBoard
2000 Tignanello of Antinori - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Italian Wines/Varieties (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: 2000 Tignanello of Antinori (/thread-7358.html)

- winoweenie - 11-06-2006

Developing beautifully. Medium Ruby. Nose redolent of black cherries, funk, spices and tar. All come over on the palate. Solid entry, weighty center, and a 4+ lapper
finish. Still a few soft tannins in the back. Give another 2-4. 90/88. 49 by the box. 13.5% alc. WW

- TheEngineer - 11-08-2006

Sounds nice! tempted to start an Italian swing this month....too many wines that I need to consume!!! I need to stay at home once in a while....

- Innkeeper - 11-09-2006

I hardly think of Super Tuscans as Italian Wine. They are right up there with top drawer Bordeaux and CA reds, but not very Italian.

- TheEngineer - 11-09-2006

True I would agree with that IK. Kinda like a new De Tomaso Mangusta, body of an italian but heart of an American V8.

Nothing inherently bad about it, nice even. but not really italian.

- winoweenie - 06-01-2007

Opened another bottle for lunch. FWIW IMHO the threads are meant to denote the country from whence the juice originates, not to designate what style of wine is in the bottle. Seeing as how Antinori makes his juice in Tuscany and the label is in Italian I may be presumptious, but I classify this juice as Italian. Whatever it be, it's pretty well-made, tasty, long-lasting wine that will be extremely satisfying in another 4-6. No change in scoring. WW

- dananne - 06-01-2007

This sounded familiar, so I looked back over my notes, and I tried this at a wine event last Ddecember. Agree with your TN, particularly the tar element, which I also noticed. Though "tar" probably wouldn't sound appealing to some people, I don't think it detracts from the wine -- just adds complexity.

Oh, and I don't think IK was referring to you placing the tasting note on the Italian thread, but rather commenting to Eng that if he was to start an Italian wine swing, that maybe he should focus on wines that are more traditionally "Italian," and not so-called Super Tuscans, to get a better sense of what Italy offers.

Back to the wine, I agree that it could use another few years of bottle age to show best, though I unfortunately have none in my cellar to find out for sure.

Thanks for the notes!

- winoweenie - 10-01-2007

Killed another baby for lunch today. Not much to add to the above 2 tasting notes. Will give this sucker at least another year before opening another. WW

- winoweenie - 09-21-2008

Made another of my Turkey, Basil, and Portabelo mushroom meat-loafs for lunch today. Opened Another of these and it was a tasty sucker indeed! Develping nicely. No change in scoring. WW

- winoweenie - 11-11-2008

Needed something to go with a lunch of roasted pork tenderloin in a mixture of red, yellow, and green bell peppers sauced with a light gravy made from the drippings, some fat free sour cream and a pinch of fresh basil. This lil darlin' performed beautifully. Was having such a good time eatin that I really dint' pay much attention
to the wine except to notice it seemed flawless. Nice food wine. WW

- newsguy - 11-12-2008

WW: my mouth's watering fromm the description of the meat loaf and the tenderloin. any recipe info would be appreciated.