WineBoard
2007 Belle Glos Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Pinot Noir/Red Burgundy (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: 2007 Belle Glos Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (/thread-7133.html)

- wondersofwine - 12-10-2009

I had a glass of this at Germantown Cafe Restaurant in Nashville, TN while attending a professional conference. My friend liked it well enough to order a second glass. (I had had the Belle Glos Clark & Telephone Vineyard before but not this appellation.)
Pretty color. Rich and deep cherry/berry fragrances and flavors in the red fruit category. Smooth and lovely. Didn't see alcohol percentage. Went nicely with grilled pork in a plum sauce, risotto and green beans. I also had an appetizer of fried green tomatoes with goat cheese and split a dessert of chocolate bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and fudge sauce. We were seated at a table overlooking the Nashville skyline. Nice restaurant and wine list.

[This message has been edited by wondersofwine (edited 12-14-2009).]

- Drew - 12-11-2009

Wow, what a meal....I'm salivating.

Drew

- winoweenie - 12-11-2009

A new producer to me, but I'm so far behind I'll never catch up. Sounds like a soliod bottle. Also sounds like, as the Drewski said, a kick-patootie jernt. WW

- wondersofwine - 12-14-2009

You should seek out the Belle Glos wines WW. They are smooth and luscious. However, the two bottles of Clark and Telephone Vineyard I purchased have a thick wax seal that is murder to get open. I've heard others complain about it also and think I will write the vineyard objecting to the closure if they are still using that seal.

[This message has been edited by wondersofwine (edited 12-14-2009).]

- winoweenie - 12-15-2009

I'll look for this producer. I hate that closure also. Ruined a new Screwpull worm opening one of them blasted dudies. WW

- newsguy - 12-21-2009

had a bottle of '08 Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir last night. because the planned wine to go with our main course was cooked ('94 BV tapestry - bummer!), i popped this pinot cause i only had 3 bottles to choose from. wine was a little overpowered by the N.Y. strips with an awesome red wine reduction glaze (includes butter, shallots, garlic, horseradish, honey, bleu cheese crumbles, salt and pepper) with 'shrooms.

very nice wine. it's a cuvee that's mostly (60-plus percent) sonoma coast, plus juice from santa barbara and i think monterey. pretty red fruits, plus earth, spice and a touch of smoke. silky mouthfeel yet good acidity for food (almost stood up to those monster steaks). think i paid $26 for the bottle. 89 points.

WW: Meiomi is made by Belle Glos, which is a Joe Wagner (Caymus) operation.

[This message has been edited by newsguy (edited 12-21-2009).]

- winoweenie - 12-22-2009

(Chuck Wagner?) WW

- wondersofwine - 12-22-2009

Joseph Wagner is the grandson of the founders of Caymus. I believe Belle Glos operates independently. It is pronounced Belle GLOSS after Joseph's grandmother's name (Lorna Belle Glos). (I was mistakenly giving it a French pronunciation of Belle GLOW.)