WineBoard
Super Bowl Menus - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Wine/Food Affinities (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Super Bowl Menus (/thread-706.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Georgie - 01-27-2004

I don't think it's too early to ask...what are all my Frasier Crane-type friends having for Superbowl? I'm taking turkey-sausage chili to a party...what wine would you suggest I bring?

- tandkvd - 01-27-2004

We haven't nailed it down yet. I was wanting to make IK's meat ball sandwiches. But my wife wants to keep it simple and buy a barbeque spread from a local bbq joint. We will have about 10 people here.

But of course I will require every one to have a glass of my lucky Buffalo Grove Cab. It's pulled the Panthers thru the playoffs.

- Innkeeper - 01-27-2004

I think you should bring a simple, easy going zin such as Dancing Bull.

We are going to do Super Bowl Meatball Sandwiches. Have checked my yeast (small proofing worked fine) and think the sourdough starter is salvagable. Already have ground veal in the freezer (that is very hard to find around here), made a list and checked it twice. Haven't decided which Italian wine to have with them yet.

Go Patriots.

- Kcwhippet - 01-27-2004

Haven't even thought about it yet. Since I'll be going to the morning trade session of the Boston Wine Expo I think I should probably do something the day before to reheat on Sunday. Maybe I'll pick up something at the Whole Foods Market next door to the shop when I get out on Saturday. They have some nice cheeses, chicken/apple sausages, and other good stuff. Don't know yet.

- hotwine - 01-27-2004

I dunno yet either. (Arm-wrestling problems with main computer caused by Zone Alarm Pro, a most obnoxious firewall system, so am floundering around on wife's notebook.)
Will probably cremate sumpin....

[This message has been edited by hotwine (edited 01-27-2004).]

- sedhed - 01-27-2004

Im making super hot habanero pork chili. I use Caribbean Red habaneros peppers I grow during the summer. I've yet to find a wine to go with this. I usually drink beer with it with plenty of ice cream in reserve for the uninitiated.

- Thomas - 01-27-2004

Don't forget to stock a generous portion of crow--for those who lose...

- sedhed - 01-27-2004

Not too many Pats or Cats fans down here.

- quijote - 01-27-2004

I still think the Packers will pull this one off.

- mrdutton - 01-27-2004

I am going to be contributing my FAMOUS Crab Dip (which uses three pounds of jumbo lump crab meat) along with a roast corn, pepper and cheese dip with corn chips. The party will be held at a friends house.

He has the 52" wide screen TV.

GO PANTHERS!

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 01-27-2004).]

- dananne - 01-27-2004

I'm still in mourning for my Packers (my wife says it's sour grapes), so I have not even decided if I'm watching the game. Hopefully, there will be some entertaining counter programming, like a Queer Eye marathon, or some such.

If I do bring myself to watch the Packer-less game (I confess, I'll probably do it), it'll have to be with a very nice bottle to curb my lingering sadness -- don't know what Anne has planned to eat, so I'll have to give it thought closer to Sun.

[This message has been edited by dananne (edited 01-28-2004).]

- Drew - 01-28-2004

We're all eating various fixen's of CROW here in the Baltimore area to morn the non-presence of the Ravens.

Drew

- Thomas - 01-28-2004

Crow and Ravens--Drew, did you get your own joke?

- Kcwhippet - 01-28-2004

Foodie,

We're talking about someone with a trained investigative eye here. I'm sure Drew knew exactly what he was saying.

- wondersofwine - 01-28-2004

I'm eating healthy so will probably have veggies with a lowfat dill dip and maybe beef and barley soup with a California red wine.

- sedhed - 01-28-2004

I guess the're not too many Baltimore fans shedding tears for those cut and run sneek out of town in the middle of the night Colts.

- Tyrrell - 01-28-2004

It could be worse Dananne. The pack wouldn't have even been there if my team hadn't lost to Arizona in the final week.

- dananne - 01-28-2004

Tyrrell -- agreed. It could have been worse. Arizona was my favorite NFL team for a week after that game. Oh well -- as long as Favre keeps coming back, there's always next year!

- mrdutton - 01-28-2004

I'm so disgusted with the Ravens, I don't even want to talk about it........

O000ps!

- tandkvd - 01-28-2004

Just keep pullin for the Panthers Mr. D. All will be well. You'll soon forget about them dirty birds.