WineBoard
2005 Loring Rancho Ontiveros, Russell Family, Rosellas', Clos Pepe, and Garys'. - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Pinot Noir/Red Burgundy (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: 2005 Loring Rancho Ontiveros, Russell Family, Rosellas', Clos Pepe, and Garys'. (/thread-6377.html)

- winoweenie - 04-11-2009

At the Thurs meeting at the club all the guys wanted to try some older Lorings so these are the dudies I brung. Nothing specific but the over-all impression was a fine group of tasty, well-made, outstanding wines. Forgot to post yesterday as some friends from Denver hit town. We'll be cracking the foil on some juice today as it's raining and they can't kill any grass at the golf course. The 05s' are all drinking IMHO very well and didn't detect any sizable amount of tannins. This was the 1st year if you remember that Brian went to his more conservative style and the wines came out a a mere 13.2% alc. Will probably improve over the next year but why wait? WW

- Kcwhippet - 04-11-2009

Those are older Lorings?? I guess I'd better hurry up and drink the 04's so I can get to them. BTW, we had two 03 Siduris the other day (Cargasacchi and Keefer Ranch), and they were doing just fine.

- dananne - 04-11-2009

Wow! Sounds like you guys had a blast! Thanks for the notes on the '05s. Like Bob, we're mostly still working through the '04s.

On an unrelated topic, are you guys getting all 3 of the Sea Smoke wines from the '07 spring shipment? Anne and I have yet to place our order, but our allotment has increased this year, so we were wondering whether to get our full allotment or to focus on some more than others. We've yet to have a bad Sea Smoke, but I confess we're still sitting on the 10s, so we've yet to try that bottling.

- winoweenie - 04-21-2009

That was another of the WWs' "fat-fingered" glitches. Meant to say other. WW (just saw this post)

- winoweenie - 12-13-2009

Had another of the Rosellas for lunch yesterday. Nice brite ruby. Nose correct but no barny notes. Supple entry. Good fruit and an almost 4 lapper finish. Not sure it'll do any improving but will hold another 3-5 without breaking a sweat. 90/90 45 on futures 13.7% alc. WW

RE: 2005 Loring Rancho Ontiveros, Russell Family, Rosellas', Clos Pepe, and Garys'. - winoweenie - 02-20-2013

`I can't believe this is the only post I've made on the Rancho Ontiveros! I've searched this forum back to 2007 which is whenced Brian released this sucker and this be it. Found this lil' orphan in the top of the next to the last module and saw the screwcap so I pulled the hummer immediately. Brian you be soso Wrong! The nose on this sucker could fill Jimmy Durantes' schnooz and have 2 quarts left over. The entry is kick-patootie, the mothfeel like drinking cream, and the finish seems like the sucker be painted on. Ourside of that its' Okie-Dokie. WWCool

RE: 2005 Loring Rancho Ontiveros, Russell Family, Rosellas', Clos Pepe, and Garys'. - TheEngineer - 02-21-2013

I agree WW, I had a feeling that I've seen this before.