WineBoard
2000 Pavie - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Bordeaux (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: 2000 Pavie (/thread-6138.html)

- TheEngineer - 10-25-2010

Ohhh....why does Jancis Robinson hate this wine so....I'm not sure.

This is a large wine, still tight and tannic after all these years, no where near ready to drink. Must have been massive when fresh. Lovely black cherries, cassis, berries, lots of oak of course, what an individual expression of merlot. Not had anything quite like this. As individual as the Masseto I had early this year...yes its been a good year for me [img]/ubb/smile.gif[/img]. Not sure about 100 points but damn its nice.

- Thomas - 10-26-2010

Engineer,

You answered your question in the first words of your second paragraph.

Jancis Robinson, and many others, don't find the style typical for Bordeaux. The old school of wine people want to recognize place in their wines.

- wondersofwine - 10-27-2010

Hey, Engineer, I've tried that same wine and I loved it. In a tasting of high-end wines, I didn't give it the highest score category-by-category (color, clarity, nose, balance, finish, etc.) but still rated it the most impressive wine of the tasting in its overall impact.

- TheEngineer - 10-27-2010

Foodie, I agree with you. Hopefully after 10 years and some calming down, Ms. Robinson will try this again (and I'm sure she must have given her access to wine) and then let us knwo what her opinion is. I agree with WoW. I think it is a fab wine.

- Thomas - 10-27-2010

If memory serves, 2000 was a relatively warm vintage in Bordeaux, yes?

- wondersofwine - 10-27-2010

Not as hot as 2003 certainly. But it was "the wine of the decade" or the millenium or somesuch. Prices skyrocketed.

- winoweenie - 10-27-2010

Think I've posted on this lovely juice sometimes in the recent past when my memory was within its' focus range. Will open ASAP . WW

- andrawes76 - 11-03-2010

Ive had this wine twice and it really is spectacular. Chateau Pavie is one of the only higher end Bordeaux's which I really follow and allow myself to collect. This wine has tremendous body, great color. Its fleshy, and velvety at the same time if thats even possible. I am not sure much about giving wines a 80-100 score anymore but it ranks high up there for me. The style from vintage to vintage is not way off (variable).

- winoweenie - 03-20-2011

Finally got 'round to opening another of this lovely. Not quite yet civilized but makes an attempt to not assault your tastebuds. Can't find any of my earlier posts on this but agree with all who disagree wif' the Robinson lady. Sure to come to rest in the top eschelon of the 2000s' when all the marbles have been counted. WW ( by-the-bye Thomas the vintage was atypical for Bordeaux so naturally being the Caliphile I be I jumped into the en premier futures market, tho not nearly as heavily as with the 82 cintage.)

- TheEngineer - 03-21-2011

lovely stuff. I wish i had the where with all to have a few of these in my cellars but alas I don't. Gonna be pulling out another of the '07's though for tomorrow's dinner, when I turn yet another year older....though still a bit behind most of youse folks Smile

- wondersofwine - 03-21-2011

Happy birthday, Engineer. It's my sister's birthday too--obviously a special day for special people.

- winoweenie - 03-21-2011

HAPPY HAPPY there Eng. Keep it up and one of these days you'll go into the weeners "Reverse Mode". 69...68....67 WWWink

- Kcwhippet - 03-21-2011

Happy Birthday, Mike!!

- Drew - 03-22-2011

Best wishes from me also Mike!

Drew

- TheEngineer - 03-22-2011

Many thanks! Had a nice quite dinner with the S.O. late at night. We are in the process of preparing to move and it was pretty funny eating (and trying to cook) with all the things already boxed up around us.......including all the corkscrews. Smile We shared a beer Smile