WineBoard
'96 Christian Moueix Merlot Bordeaux - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Bordeaux (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: '96 Christian Moueix Merlot Bordeaux (/thread-6107.html)

- Drew - 05-14-2001

Bought on Rec. from a chef from "Windows" in the Raddison Hotel in downtown Baltimore. Great floral nose of violets, cedar, black currant, leather, earth, tobacco (sweet cigar box style)...I could smell this wine all night but, I'm thirsty. Med. bodied, flavors of dark plum, earth, tobacco, some chocolate and cedar, all in a diluted package. Not bad...not great, glad I only paid $9.99 per bottle. 12.5% Alc/vol.

Drew

- zenda2 - 04-02-2008

I usually find various vintages of this on sale at Costco, and pick up a few bottles to keep handy for my merlot-loving friends. Always well made, great aroma, very smooth. At the $7 or so I'm paying it's dandy for it's purpose.

- wdonovan - 04-04-2008

Never thought any vintage of this wine was worth it, when I can get (with some scrounging) some very nice Bdx's for $13 - $17.

- zenda2 - 04-04-2008

So for only twice or thrice the price you can find something you can stand to drink?

Adios, amigos. Life's too short. Good luck to most of you.

- winoweenie - 04-04-2008

Do I detect a small amount of hostility in this last post? Let's not turn this board into another Parker-esque, squabbling, "I-know-mote-than-you", yadda-yadda-yadda. WD what i read was that Z bought this for his not too wine conscious guests who wamted a merlot and it seems that Z2 was refering to wines he would drink. And the original poster the mity Drewski didn't make any statement that indicated to me he was attracted to this bottle. I know for sure that Drew normally doesen't go for "diluted" juice. Let's all calm down and READ the posts as written. Play it cool guys. Lots of nice people here. WW

- Drew - 04-05-2008

It was one of those instances where the wine was praised so loudly that the product didn't deliver the expectation. I hate it when that happens. The nose was wonderful though and it was a simple, pleasant wine. Haven't tried another since for no particular reason and should just to see what the winery is producing 10 years later.

Drew

- wdonovan - 04-07-2008

ww,
You read all that in one sentence? I thought that people were allowed to post that they did not like a wine. Apparently positive appraisals of wine are all that you personally endorse, lest the poster show signs of not being calm, having need to cool down and show an "I-know-mote-than-you" attitude. And thank you so much for pointing out what the original post said, not that I missed it or that it had any bearing whatsoever on my response. Maybe you should go back and READ (in all caps of course).

- winoweenie - 04-07-2008

WD I'm extremely sorry if you thot I was addressing the post to you. I said the "Last" post which was made by Z2. The Adios Amigos part seemed to be a little strong. As far as this forum there has never been a standard that any poster is goverened by. I've made literally hundreds of negative posts about bad wine. Seemed strange that a 7-year-old post would be picked up and cause this much dialogue. WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 04-07-2008).]

- wdonovan - 04-07-2008

Also sorry that I misunderstood but in all fairness, other than the first two sentences, your entire response does read a bit like a reprimand aimed squarely at me. No hard feelings.