WineBoard
Chateau Mouton Rothschild - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=200)
+--- Forum: Bordeaux (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Chateau Mouton Rothschild (/showthread.php?tid=5794)

- cluna - 02-05-2002 10:55 PM

I recently received a bottle of 1990 Chateau Mouton Rothschild (Pauillac)in hommage to Francis Bacon. I was curious as to the rating of the wine, the value, and whether we should drink it now or hold it.

- winoweenie - 02-06-2002 08:06 AM

Hi Cluna and welcome to the board. The 90 Mouton rated classic with 95 pts. It's selling around 250 retail. If you don't have good storage facilities, for what it's worth, I opened a bottle 2 months ago and that sucker was drinking great. WW

- winecollector - 02-22-2002 08:29 PM

Hi guys.... been away for a long time, but I'm back for now. I was suprised to see the 90 is already drinking great wino-buddy.... I almost opened one tonight with company but thought it may still be a long way from peak. Tell me please.... did you decant it.... or let it sit after opening.... or just go right to the throat with it? I have a tasting coming up in a week.... and I am undecided on whether to pop one of these babies open.

- winoweenie - 02-23-2002 08:02 AM

Hi and welcome back WC. I decanted the wine, poured a glass for my buddy and myself, and started sipping. Cleaned up in 30-45 mins. Some silky tannins but not intrusive. Yummy stuff. WW