Turning Leaf Chardonnay - Printable Version
+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Chardonnay/White Burgundy/Pinot Blanc/Melon (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Turning Leaf Chardonnay (/thread-5601.html)
- Georgie - 09-04-2007 01:43 PM
Yuk. Even after two alcohol-free years, this did not taste good to me. Like suckin' on a toothpick as they say. It was served to me at a party; I'd sure never buy this myself!
- Bucko - 09-04-2007 03:30 PM
And you expected more?!? It does help clean sink drains.
- Innkeeper - 09-04-2007 05:24 PM
Get Four Vines Naked Chardonnay for a few more bucks. Don't worry, you don't have to be to drink it!
- Georgie - 09-04-2007 05:26 PM
That gave me a chuckle, IK!
- wondersofwine - 09-05-2007 06:55 PM
I went to a bunko party where the hostess served Turning Leaf wine--made an instant cola drinker out of me. It also made me wish I had offered to provide the wine for the evening.
- AltaJoe - 09-15-2007 10:55 AM
Last night I/we tried a Chilean Chard, "Rumba Sur" That I picked up for $399/btl. Did we expect much...NO. What we got was an unimpressive nose, but a very nice, smooth non-oaky, palate lingering surprise. Sometime you just get lucky.
Thank God for:
- winophite - 09-15-2007 11:54 AM
I hope that was $3.99! WP
- wondersofwine - 09-17-2007 03:02 PM
Yeah, for $399 I would expect a lot!
- Kcwhippet - 09-17-2007 04:17 PM
Where did you get the Rumba Sur??? We tried every database we have available at the shop, and Rumba Sur doesn't show up on any of them.
- Bucko - 09-17-2007 06:22 PM
It doesn't show up on Wine Searcher either.
- Innkeeper - 09-17-2007 08:13 PM
Methinks he's talking about Cono Sur. From scouting around Google it looks like it is fun to Rumba with.
- Kcwhippet - 09-17-2007 11:19 PM
Excwpt that Cono Sur is about $5 a bottle more than that "Rumba Sur".
- brappy - 09-18-2007 01:34 AM
Rumbo Sur..... I believe....
- Kcwhippet - 09-18-2007 08:58 AM
Ah, now it shows up. Never seen it.