WineBoard
1994 LIPARITA HOWELL MOUNTAIN CS - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Cabernet Sauvignon (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: 1994 LIPARITA HOWELL MOUNTAIN CS (/thread-5333.html)

- mrdutton - 02-21-2002

Nice ruby red with enough clarity to read through it, this beauty drank very nicely, thank-you.

Fruit, oh yes. The nose and the palate pick-up the wonderful scent and taste of dark cherries. Then there are hints of chocolate and bits of oak.

The wine has a nice velvety mouthfeel and a tannic finish that is not overpowering. The finish includes hints of some spice, to me, along with the tannin.

Wine searcher lists this juice still for sale at about $60.00 a bottle. My records don't tell me what I paid for it a few years ago, but TRUST me it was not $60.00.

I don't have IDEAL storage facilities, so this wine may have aged in my rack a bit faster than it might under more ideal conditions. It drank quite well with me. There were no hints of brown on the edges.

My guess is that this stuff could go for another couple of years before it starts to head downhill.

Consumed this beauty with peas, carrots, yukon-gold boiled potatoes and mother's three meat meatloaf. Very yummy stuff with such a simple meal.

WW have you tried this stuff? I know you've paid compliments to other juice and other years from Liparita.

- winoweenie - 02-22-2002

Verily MrD I have a box and a half resting in my cellar. Thought I'd posted on this last year when I tried my first bottle. My notes indicate a little more stuffing than yours and with lots of promise. I noted would be 3-5 to peak and another 10-15 of plateau. Another of the superb bottlings from Howell. Price was 27 case pricing.
Was thinking of doing a 94 tasting like I did on the 92s and dropped it like a hot potatoe. I remembered the restrictions I put on my drinking with the 92s' and after counting the number of 94s I decided to do it as usual. Drink on demand and post. WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 02-22-2002).]

- mrdutton - 02-23-2002

WW - I used the search feature on the Wine Board and could only find references to the 1994 and 1995 Liparita Merlots.

So either the mind is going or the board lost your posting of the 94 CS notes..... GRIN!

Regardless, when you speak, I do tend to listen!!

- winoweenie - 02-23-2002

Would lay 9/5 on the memory. 2nd thing to go.
I like their cabs even better than their merlots. WW

RE: 1994 LIPARITA HOWELL MOUNTAIN CS - winoweenie - 05-02-2014

I Musta' overlooked posting on this beauty for years. Am down to 2 bottles from 1&1/2 cases so it was my error. This sucker is DOTOIG and really delivers solid Howell Mtn muscle. Soft tannins and smooth acid but should keep another 2-4. Killer Juice!! WW

RE: 1994 LIPARITA HOWELL MOUNTAIN CS - Innkeeper - 05-02-2014

Some post digger dug up a twelve year old thread! Oh, scuse me; it was WW.

RE: 1994 LIPARITA HOWELL MOUNTAIN CS - winoweenie - 05-03-2014

And him posted on the sucker too!. WW

RE: 1994 LIPARITA HOWELL MOUNTAIN CS - winoweenie - 06-25-2014

Good-Bye you lovely sucker! Can assure you that I drank every drop of this last bottle. In the words of the mity IK.....YUMMMMM!! WW