Advice for a Novice Please? - Printable Version
+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Wine/Food Affinities (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Advice for a Novice Please? (/thread-507.html)
- Guest - 10-28-2006 07:04 AM
Could any one suggest a wine(s) to complement spiced lamb dishes such as tangine or morrocan style lamb dishes ?
All advice gratefully recieved.
- Innkeeper - 10-28-2006 07:08 AM
Hi Kerri, and welcome to the Wine Board. recommend a Cotes du Rhone Villages.
- Thomas - 10-28-2006 07:21 AM
Morrocans like Mourvedre with the food.
- Innkeeper - 10-28-2006 07:39 AM
In that case you may want a Spanish Monstrell which is made from the same grape. A Southern French Bandol is also made from it, but will be more expensive.
- Guest - 10-28-2006 07:45 AM
Thankyou InnKeeper & foodie.
Would a Cotes du Rhone La Denteliere be suitable you think? It is a blend of Mourvedre, Syrah & Cinsault.
- Innkeeper - 10-28-2006 08:13 AM
- Guest - 10-28-2006 08:18 AM
Ok,thanks once again
- Thomas - 10-28-2006 12:20 PM
The Cotes du Rhone should be fine with it.