WineBoard
1991 Heitz Napa - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Cabernet Sauvignon (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: 1991 Heitz Napa (/thread-3899.html)

- winoweenie - 12-04-2000

This wine never fails to amaze me. In every good vintage year Joe makes a dynamite Napa offering. Still dark ruby. Nose of dark fruits, chocolate and complex spices. Entry is soft and full. A solid center palate feel and a nice, long, enjoyable finish. This baby makes you want to kick yourself for not stocking more at the 19-buck release price. Course I say this about all of the regular releases from the good guys. winoweenie

- Scoop - 12-04-2000

Amen, WW! Had it for Easter last year with roast baby lamb! Stupendous.

Cheers,

Scoop

- winoweenie - 12-04-2000

Hey Scoopster, this sucker set in the glass whilst I got into my "t and shorts". The nose was permeating and left no notion that this babe couldn`t talk.Every vintage BV, Mondavi, Heitz, Stags,Pine Ridge or any number of other regular bottlings turnout to be mind-blowers. So much.......so little!!!! winoweenie

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 12-04-2000).]

- Drew - 12-04-2000

I hate people that get into their "T and Shorts" in December.

Drew

- mrdutton - 12-04-2000

I woke up this morning and there was three inches of snow on the ground...........

T and shorts be damned, I was in my long johns - all day!

Drew, did you get any snow out your way. From what I understand the storm we had was pretty much isolated to the northeastern NC and VA areas.

But at least now I don't need a wine bucket. Just put them suckers out in the garage for a while........ one half-hour for reds and about an hour for the whites and about two hours for the bubbly.

- Drew - 12-04-2000

Thank God, no...not even 1 flake. You know, it must be the age. When I was younger, let it snow...now the only thing I hate more than snow is a bad bottle of wine!

Drew

- winoweenie - 12-05-2000

Drew and MrD, what are flakes? Long Johns? Must be something you lucky suckers back East have that`s indiginous. Hopefully , you`ll have some pictures you can forward me. Boy, was it ever hot here today, 80*, took off the " T " winoweenie

- Drew - 12-05-2000

There will be pictures coming.....look for em' after the first snow fall.

Drew

- mrdutton - 12-05-2000

Drew, the first snow fall has come and gone, here...... Actually it will not really be gone until the last of it melts tomorrow.

Now get this, snow falls in Eastern Virginia on a Sunday and on Wednesday all evidence of same is gone. That has got to be some kind of a RECORD for Ripley's for longevity.

WW, send me your address by e-mail. I have six shots left on the roll of film in my camera, the rest are shots of snow and more snow... I'll waste the rest, just so I can send you some pictures of the white stuff here in Virginny.

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 12-05-2000).]

- ddf68 - 12-06-2000

If you guys need pictures of snow, I can oblige. I have four foot piles in my driveway already.

ddf

- winoweenie - 12-06-2000

ddf68, That`s the reason I moved from Denver to Phoenix in 1983. BBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! winoweenie