WineBoard
maybe a challenge.... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Wine/Food Affinities (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: maybe a challenge.... (/thread-387.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Georgie - 06-05-2003

HW, you think THAT'S bad?

- Kcwhippet - 06-05-2003

I didn't say Foodie was short. I was merely noting that Dave and IK were taller.

- hotwine - 06-05-2003

Georgie, I was responding to your comment, about looking for trouble....

- wondersofwine - 06-06-2003

I know YOU are kind, Foodie, because you didn't respond about MY looks. Cute is a compliment in my book whatever age the person may be.
Did Scoop give you the Riesling and white Burgundy I left? I purchased a Valpolicella and will try it later this month when I make homemade lasagne.

- winedope1 - 06-09-2003

gee- I've missed so much while I've been away! Hotwine- you are looking for trouble, but are voicing a common male opinion. Foodie- I hope that you are just quoting Mr. Newman and not voicing a real opinion...haha WD

[This message has been edited by winedope1 (edited 06-09-2003).]

- Innkeeper - 06-09-2003

Were've been WD?

- Georgie - 06-09-2003

Glad you're back. I was wondering where you were. There are not too many of us girls around these parts!

- winedope1 - 06-09-2003

been in the hospital,IK. Thanks for asking. passed a kidney stone and have a hefty kidney infection. Just got out Sat. pm, so I'm just catching up on the Board. Hope all are well. Georgie- you are right. We "wimmens" got to stick together with all of these interesting male characters around! I'm baack now!! WD

- Innkeeper - 06-09-2003

Ouch! Glad you're feeling better.

- Georgie - 06-09-2003

Poor you! Glad you're doing better.

- hotwine - 06-10-2003

Welcome back, WD. Georgie and WoW have been holding their own, but will likely welcome the fee-male reenforcements.

- ShortWiner - 06-10-2003

Hope you're planning on treating yourself to a nice bottle when you're all healed, WD. I hear it's one of the most painful experiences out there.

- wondersofwine - 06-10-2003

Better take it easy for awhile, WD. You're a veterinarian, right? Let someone take care of you like your customers do with their pets after surgery.

- winedope1 - 06-10-2003

thanks for all the concern!! I really appreciate it. I have to take it easy- they won't let me back to work for at least a week. However, I can certainly sit at my 'puter and help on the female front! Good to be back!! WD

- Georgie - 06-10-2003

Update: They came, they graded, they drank!
Believe it or not, we got the job done! Not only did we help each other wade through math tests but we helped each other score open-ended essay questions on our social studies tests. We sampled several wines with mixed reviews. Here are my opinions:

Sutter Home White Merlot...awful
Selaks Marlborough Chardonnay of NZ...awful
Il Fae Bianche Rocce del Fae Prosecco, dry, delicious
Bogle 2001 Merlot...very good

Incidentally, my friend who offered to open the Prosecco didn't realize that it was a sparkler and almost killed herself when the cork flew out of the bottle. No cage on this, which I thought was a bit strange. We haven't found the cork yet! A good time was had by all and we plan to make it an annual event!

- Innkeeper - 06-11-2003

What was wrong with the Selaks Chard?

- winedope1 - 06-11-2003

Georgie- glad it went well! Been to enough marathon grading sessions (was a TA in grad school). What a great idea to help all along with their work and to engender a nice sense of camraderie. How gracious of you to hostess it! By the way- anyone have to go to the corner? WD

[This message has been edited by winedope1 (edited 06-11-2003).]

- Georgie - 06-11-2003

Oh, IK, you know I can't describe wine properly. Let's see, to me it tasted really, well, sour? Maybe that's what some Chards taste like. I haven't tried too many. All I can say is it didn't make me want to finish a glass of it. The other woman who drank it said it was OK and did have two glasses. It wasn't for me. Have you tried that one?

- winoweenie - 06-11-2003

Welcome back WD. Have had a hard time keeping the inmates from rebelling. Glad to have a helping hand. Recover quickly. WW

- Innkeeper - 06-11-2003

Haven't had the chard, and don't know if it is oaked or not. Their sauvignon blanc is excellent, and has garnered many favorable posts on the Board. There is also a favorable posting on their late harvest riesling. To the best of my knowledge, yours was the first post on the chard.

[This message has been edited by Innkeeper (edited 06-11-2003).]