WineBoard
Question for WW or others - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Cabernet Sauvignon (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Question for WW or others (/thread-3769.html)

- wondersofwine - 02-13-2004

What do you think of Plumpjack Cabernet Sauvignon? What's a reasonable price for the current release?

- Innkeeper - 02-13-2004

Don't know much about the wine, but know the owner performed a lot of unusual weddings today.

- winoweenie - 02-13-2004

IMHO it is one of the 10 best wines vintage after vintage in Napa. Impeccibly made and no expense spared in the viticulture. The 2000 was around 55 by the box and the 2001 is coming in at 5 or so higher. I already have mine on order. WW ( By-the-By for all of youse guys the 2001 Simi Alex Valley at around 15 should be the star of the vintage.
Another multiple case order for the weener.)
Thought I was drinking the Reserve.

- Kcwhippet - 02-14-2004

WW, You seem to order an awful lot of wine. How large is your cellar bottlewise? How many bottles do you consume a day - when you're not on sabbatical?

- Bucko - 02-14-2004

Let's put it this way, the glass recycle people have made him a Knight.

He doesn't seem to buy THAT much. I pick up about 5-6 cases a month myself.

- Kcwhippet - 02-14-2004

Now that I ponder it a bit, I realize that we go through about three cases a month, sometimes more. So, that's 35 to 40 a year just for daily consumption. Throw in the extras such as for dinner guests, gifts, the cellar agers, the "just gotta get that one", etc., etc. and I guess we do about 55 to 60 a year. Holy mind boggler, Batman!!!

- hotwine - 02-14-2004

If we drink only one bottle per day, that's 365 per year, or 30.4 cases. So we've got to buy that much, just to stay even, and growing the cellar means buying more than that. I try to pick up about a case per week, but frequently settle for less.

- winoweenie - 02-14-2004

KC not to dodge you question completely I drink normally a bottle at luch and dinner.
My standing order for every vintage (other than 98 and 2-grand) for my favorite wines runs over 100 cases a year and in certain years like 2000 whinced Bordeaux fellers made stuff I liked I ordered an extra 58 cases on futures. As far as how many bottles are in that sucker, I'm embarressed to admit the amount. Let's just say I can stop buying and not run out of wine before my demise. And none are sacrosanct. When enny of you guys or gals hit the valley you get the inventory books an ken' pick yer poison.WW

- amw5g - 02-14-2004

WW- Word on the Simi might be leaking out. Total wine has it for about $16, but two other places in the vicinity are selling it above $20.
Would you say it's readily approachable now or something that really requires some sleepy time?
-Andrew

- winoweenie - 02-14-2004

BOTH!!! A kicking-patootie fer the bucks. Doubled my order yesserday after the 3rd tasting. Run, Done' Walk to buy this sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ww