WineBoard
Robert E. Clair Wine - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Wine & Health (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Robert E. Clair Wine (/thread-3207.html)

- abc818 - 12-28-2000

Has anyone ever heard of a Robert E. Clair (spelling???) red wine? I've been told it's from upstate New York, but I can't seem to locate it anywhere. Thanks!

- Drew - 12-28-2000

I believe it has a custard filling and is located next to I. B. Dane Ishe.

Drew [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

- mrdutton - 12-28-2000

Well I just don't get it. Must be too old for the pun. Which side of MD 20-20 are you talking about, Drew?

- winoweenie - 12-28-2000

Drew, (hehehe) And is located in the bin next to your cousin " Crew-Sant. WW MrD, E-Mail me after this runs its` course and I`ll spell out the insidious messages. winoweenie

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 12-28-2000).]

- Thomas - 12-29-2000

I thought I was the only one who saw the eclair in that one! Nice going Drew. And since this was posted in the wine and health section, the eclair is especially interesting; eat enough of then and you will know about bad health!

Anyway, if that was a serious post, there is no such animal that I know of in NY State.

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 12-29-2000).]

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 12-29-2000).]

- mrdutton - 12-29-2000

No need for the private commuications, WW. I got the jist of it.................. Just seems to take a minute or two longer these days than before.

Were it flan then I'd at least appreciate the buttery, creamy, caramel sweetness......

God bless you all, said Tiny Tim.... And have a very Happy New Year!!

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 12-29-2000).]

- abc818 - 12-31-2000

Very funny, but I was being quite serious. Such a wine does exist - I had a bottle of the Robert E. Claire wine and would like another. It is indeed a New York wine.

- Thomas - 01-01-2001

I live in upstate NY, made wine in upstate NY and now sell wine in NYC. Yet, never heard of it.

- mrdutton - 01-01-2001

Maybe it is one of thems that is distribution limited to restaurants only?

I found Robert Craig, Robert F. Pliska and Company Winery (Ohio), and Robert Young Vineyards during my extensive search for US Wineries and Vineyards.

Sorry, could not find Robert E. Claire.

- winoweenie - 01-02-2001

abc818. Don`t get too upset with us as we are just doing our normal buck&wing when we see a post that looks a little suspicious. Think MrD may have hit on something. If, indeed it is Robert Craig, you have cause to want another bottle. However, Bob is in Napa and his wines come from various vineyards from there. Would wager that if Foodie says it`s not a wine he`s heard of from New York, then that sucker `aint from dere. winoweenie

- abc818 - 01-02-2001

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I'm really stumped since I had a bottle of this wine, given to my son as a gift from the Claire family here in NJ. We accidentally opened the bottle, enjoyed the wine and when my son visited over the holidays, he was looking for this particular bottle of wine. So, that's why I'm trying to find it. I do know it did say NY on the label and it definitely was Robert E. Claire. I guess the easiest thing to do would be to have my son contact the NJ family and see what's what about this wine. Again, thanks for all your help. I have to admit the earlier posts were pretty funny and to be honest, I didn't the word "eclair" in my original post. I can now see why everyone thought I was some kind of jokster. Happy New Year everyone!

- Thomas - 01-03-2001

The Claire family in New Jersey! I now see the picture more clearly. What you likely had was a bottle of wine with a label specifically produced for the New Jersey Claire family.

It is possible, and legal, for a winery to produce private labels for people and institutions.