WineBoard
Baltimore Offline II? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Wine Events & Festivals (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Baltimore Offline II? (/thread-2692.html)

- wondersofwine - 12-19-2006

Brappy, Drew,
See my note on German thread (under WOW's take on German wines) concerning another offline in Baltimore.

- brappy - 12-20-2006

Wonders,

I won't know for sure until next week. I'm supposed to work that night but will attempt to get out of it. It shouldn't be a problem.

mark

- wondersofwine - 12-20-2006

Great! I can get the next day off work so will plan on staying over Monday night anyway and maybe we can "do" Samos again.

- wondersofwine - 01-08-2007

How's it looking for January 15 Brappy? If it's a go, I will try to get to Samos about 6:00 PM. Haven't heard from Drew at all.

- Drew - 01-09-2007

Sorry WOW didn't even see the German thread with the offline note. Eileen will be out of the country and I've got other commitments. Sorry to disappoint twice.

Drew

- wondersofwine - 01-09-2007

Okay, Drew. Thanks for responding.

- brappy - 01-10-2007

I'm there Wonders. I've been so stupidly busy lately, I've not even had the chance to check out the board. I'm in the process of putting together a captain's wine list that kicks some serious a$$.

Can't wait. Hattie and I will be there at 6:00. Sorry Drew can't make it. I plan on bringing some fun stuff. If anything changes Drew, LOVE to have you there!

Jane, if you want a certain theme, let me know. My cellar has certainly expanded this past year and I have many options. So, please..... if you want something special, let me know.

Look forward to seeing you,

mark

- wondersofwine - 01-10-2007

Mark,
I'm game to try about any wine. Do you like Sauvignon Blanc? I was thinking about bringing a serious Sancerre wine and also a half bottle German Riesling Auslese as a dessert wine. For reds I'm considering a Rioja Gran Reserva and a Zinfandel again. My Bordeaux wines are mostly too young and I don't have much Rhone wine. (My collection leans heavily towards Burgundy and Pinot Noir). I look forward to seeing you next Monday.

- hotwine - 01-10-2007

Was just re-tracing this thread and noticed that Samos' corkage is $2/bottle. Incredible!

Would be interesting to try to integrate diverse wines into equally diverse Greek menu selections. Would probably bring along some Prosecco as palate-cleanser if I could participate.

- wondersofwine - 01-10-2007

HW, It's even better than $2.00 a bottle--it's $2.00 per person regardless of number of bottles! And the taste of Samos (about 6-7 traditional Greek dishes) is $18.95 per person with large quantities!) The Zinfandel seemed to go well with most of the Greek dishes last time. The white wine did better with the tzatziki appetizer (I've forgotten if there was some Greek salad also but a Sancerre would go fine with that probably). Rhone wines might be better for the mini lamb chops but my collection is lacking in that area.

- hotwine - 01-10-2007

Just picked up some CdP this AM, the '04 Dom. Coulet, for a small church group gathering Sun. PM.... about $17 at Costco. That would probably be very nice with lamb, although we'll be pairing it with brisket. (Looked for Prosecco but haven't seen any since before Thanksgiving.)