Charlotte, NC Wine and Food Festival - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Wine Events & Festivals (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Charlotte, NC Wine and Food Festival (/thread-2407.html)

- wondersofwine - 11-08-2005 06:00 PM

Held in the spring every other year, the dates are April 20-22, 2006. Tickets went on sale October 15th (my birthday) and some wine dinners are already sold out.
Includes Thursday evening wine dinners at different restaurants with different vintners, culinary lessons, special tastings, vintners' tasting with pours from all participating wineries, auction, etc. I signed up for the Saintsbury dinner, the Vintners' Tasting, and a special session on Pinot Noir around the world led by Allen Meadows, "Burghound." Kevin Zraly is leading another tasting.

[This message has been edited by wondersofwine (edited 11-10-2005).]

- Triple H - 11-09-2005 02:07 AM

Boy that sounds nice. My wife and I lived in Charlotte for 2 years from 97-99. very fond memories, in fact our son was born there. Sounds like Charlotte's done some growing up...or maybe I have, now that I think about it I wasn't very tuned into really good food and wine back then.

- wondersofwine - 11-10-2005 02:52 PM

The food scene has changed. Several "French bistros" which serve foods like sweetbreads that never would have sold in the 80's. Several tapas or "small plate" restaurants. A seafood and sushi restaurant with a good complementary wine list and Pacific Rim or Asian fusion-type preparations, etc. Bonterra (in a converted Baptist church) is both a restaurant and a wine-tasting locale as is Oneo. Regrettably, one restaurant, Bijoux, that I liked for the food, wine and decor (but pricy and often slow service) has closed. Dean & Deluca is another place for tasting wine in small pours or in flights.