WineBoard
Nothing happening. - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Nothing happening. (/thread-23126.html)

Pages: 1 2

Nothing happening. - Kcwhippet - 04-29-2015

It appears nobody but IK is on here anymore. Why is that?

RE: Nothing happening. - winoweenie - 04-30-2015

I'm not sure anyone gives a rats patootie reading about Flip Flop Chilean Cab. Since I sold my cellar I'm down to a couple of bottles a week and now I'm on a sabbaticaland am contemplating stopping completely as the ole' bod has absorbed its' lifetime supply. Great memories tho. WW

RE: Nothing happening. - TheEngineer - 05-07-2015

I wish I had more time. I want to contribute but frankly don't know what time zone I'm in from one day to the next..... I will try.

RE: Nothing happening. - winoweenie - 05-08-2015

KC haven't seen you kicking patootie on any thread. Why is that? WW

RE: Nothing happening. - Jackie - 05-08-2015

Headed up to my Lake House tomorrow. Where should I stop along the Silverado Trail?

RE: Nothing happening. - winoweenie - 05-09-2015

Jackie Love, Don't know how or why not alla' the lights be on whenced I come on board. Ever since KC whined about no posting the ghost of boards long past decided to make it look like every thread was loaded. What is going on? WW

RE: Nothing happening. - winoweenie - 05-09-2015

Jackie...Fergit it. Them dudes done turned off. ?????????? WW

RE: Nothing happening. - Kcwhippet - 05-11-2015

For some reason we've been drinking more beer than wine lately. Have had some killer Italians though that we picked up after some tastings. I should have posted on them. I will when next we drink some.

RE: Nothing happening. - Glass_A_Day - 06-13-2015

[quote='winoweenie' pid='106853' dateline='1430434677']
I'm not sure anyone gives a rats patootie reading about Flip Flop Chilean Cab. Since I sold my cellar I'm down to a couple of bottles a week and now I'm on a sabbaticaland am contemplating stopping completely as the ole' bod has absorbed its' lifetime supply. Great memories tho. WW
[/quote]

To see a post like this can really break a guys heart. Maybe, since you're retiring Verne, you could send me your little black book of winery contacts. Wink It seems like a lifetime ago you set me up on my honeymoon to meet some great people in Napa and Sonoma...

RE: Nothing happening. - winoweenie - 06-13-2015

Like everything else GAD all of my close friends have either sold or their kids have taken over. Just realized I haven't been to Napa/Sonoma for 8-10 years. I'm as out of date as a Poloroid camera. Heck-Fire I'd probably have to rent a motel room if I went out to the valley. Life goes on. WW[/b]

RE: Nothing happening. - Glass_A_Day - 06-13-2015

[quote='winoweenie' pid='106916' dateline='1434247152']
Like everything else GAD all of my close friends have either sold or their kids have taken over. Just realized I haven't been to Napa/Sonoma for 8-10 years. I'm as out of date as a Poloroid camera. Heck-Fire I'd probably have to rent a motel room if I went out to the valley. Life goes on. WW[/b]
[/quote]

Want to do one last trip? Me and you! We could be like the two from the movie Sideways... Stay at the Hitching Post and drink Highliners... Tongue One more round Verne... I didn't hear no bell... (Rocky 5 reference...)

RE: Nothing happening. - winoweenie - 06-14-2015

I think I'll pass and keep the memories intact. My next big thingie is my 90th next year. I'll send you an invite to that. BPR, VB

RE: Nothing happening. - TheEngineer - 06-18-2015

It was a good thought, the movie Smile

RE: Nothing happening. - Glass_A_Day - 06-19-2015

[quote='winoweenie' pid='106918' dateline='1434291727']
I think I'll pass and keep the memories intact. My next big thingie is my 90th next year. I'll send you an invite to that. BPR, VB
[/quote]

I'm in!

RE: Nothing happening. - Drew - 06-27-2015

I'm as guilty as the rest of you for no good reason. Still drinking some nice wines almost daily. I'll try to start posting some notes.

Drew

RE: Nothing happening. - Glass_A_Day - 07-05-2015

We had a pretty active albeit small group here back a decade ago. Roll call as I remember it was:

WW
drew
kcwhippet
georgie
theengineer
inkeeper
foodie
bucko
newsguy

Am I forgetting anyone? Anyone ever hear from those on the list that don't post anymore... like me... Confused

RE: Nothing happening. - Innkeeper - 08-02-2015

We seem to still be in the doldrums.

RE: Nothing happening. - Kcwhippet - 08-06-2015

Hey Verne. Judy and I plan to be out there next year for your 90th. Check that - we WILL be out for your 90th.

RE: Nothing happening. - winoweenie - 08-06-2015

You will get an invite! WW

RE: Nothing happening. - TheEngineer - 08-12-2015

Is that an official offline Smile Might have to tag along with Bob.