WineBoard
Happy BDay Verne! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Happy BDay Verne! (/thread-23102.html)

Happy BDay Verne! - TheEngineer - 03-10-2015

Happy Birthday Verne!! Many Happy Returns!

RE: Happy BDay Verne! - winoweenie - 03-11-2015

Tankee eng. WW

RE: Happy BDay Verne! - Innkeeper - 03-11-2015

Same from us; how does it feel to be a centenarian?

RE: Happy BDay Verne! - winoweenie - 03-12-2015

What the blazes are you talking about? I'm still Baptist! WW

RE: Happy BDay Verne! - newsguy - 03-17-2015

A big belated birthday wish to you, WW. I'll raise a glass tonight in your honor. Sure hope to have the chance to do that again in person -- and soon!

RE: Happy BDay Verne! - winoweenie - 03-25-2015

I just realized I hadn't posted on the major wine I opened for My CB, Grand-daughter, Her hubby and Moi'. I've been carting this hummer around since 1964...a 1924 Maderia . The cork literally disintegrated so I had the friendly staff bring me a coffee filter. It took almost 30 minutes to four and clean this dude. I was honestly sick when I saw the first of the liquid coming into the decanter. Looked exactly what the color remains whenced youse drink a nice class of iced tea and let the ice cubes melt. Just a hint of light brown then when I finished and took the filter off the decanter VOILA!!!! This beautiful floral, peachy, citrus aroma flooded the room. All of us'ns were so flabbergasted no one said a word for at least 2 minutes. My 1st go-round with an almost 100-year-old Maderia but now I know what the fuss be about. Gave the manager (she gave us a private room) who is an experienced wine buyer and has had lots of tasting experience a pour abd she uttered the 4 letter expletive all of us were thinking "HOLY SHIP". VB PS. Was on the lookout all this time for a 1926 but never saw one

RE: Happy BDay Verne! - Jackie - 03-25-2015

[quote='winoweenie' pid='106812' dateline='1427295305']
I just realized I hadn't posted on the major wine I opened for My CB, Grand-daughter, Her hubby and Moi'. I've been carting this hummer around since 1964...a 1924 Maderia . The cork literally disintegrated so I had the friendly staff bring me a coffee filter. It took almost 30 minutes to four and clean this dude. I was honestly sick when I saw the first of the liquid coming into the decanter. Looked exactly what the color remains whenced youse drink a nice class of iced tea and let the ice cubes melt. Just a hint of light brown then when I finished and took the filter off the decanter VOILA!!!! This beautiful floral, peachy, citrus aroma flooded the room. All of us'ns were so flabbergasted no one said a word for at least 2 minutes. My 1st go-round with an almost 100-year-old Maderia but now I know what the fuss be about. Gave the manager (she gave us a private room) who is an experienced wine buyer and has had lots of tasting experience a pour abd she uttered the 4 letter expletive all of us were thinking "HOLY SHIP". VB PS. Was on the lookout all this time for a 1926 but never saw one
[/quote]

Wow. Wonderful.

How did I miss your birthday, WW? HAPPY HAPPY BELATED. I wish you many more... and the 1926 too.

Love,
Jackie